Help! Problems backing up Auschwitz: inside the Nazi State

vbimport

Help!! Tried backing up this disc with the following programs:
DVD Decrypter (newest version) errors at 78% when ripping to Harddrive
DVD Shrink (newest Version) same kind of error when ripping
CloneDVD2 in copy dvd mode informs me that the disc is copyrighted and thus doesn’t allow me to do anything.
AnyDVD (Newest Version) Installed and I guess it’s working.
DVD Fab Decrypter (newest version) gets to about 78% and hangs. Freezes screen when cancelling program) Have to do a hard boot.,

loaded anydvd then ran dvd decrypter then at the 78% mark this error comes out:

“scheduler 0 O:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_5.VOB:23: read error TCSector Reader TCE”

what does it me??? Any help will be greatly appreciated… tried following several guides but guides don’t explain what to do if this error occurs.

Slysoft recommends only using AnyDVD by its self. using two decryptors together might (and probally) mess the ripping up. Just use anydvd and something like Nero Recode.

Or indeed AnyDVD with CloneDVD2 - both from www.slysoft.com when you put the disk in yur drive, AnyDVD should show an info window - could you post this information please?

Summary for drive O: (AnyDVD 5.4.1.1)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)

Video DVD (or CD) label: AUSCHWITZ_DISC1
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

How do you rip using anydvd? I get the red fox on the bottom left hand corner of the screen. Right click produces the following choices:
Enable anydvd
Show information
Settings
Help
Slysoft
Auto Start
Exit
Also have anydvd icon on desk top but starting program from there just brings up the settings menu. Doesn’t show any interface that you can copy or rip dvd like dvdclone2 or dvd decrypter. No sense me using DVDFAB my computer locks up at 78% of the rip.

AnyDVD works it’s magic on the fly - that way any other program such as CloneDVD2 or Nero Recode see this disc as totally unprotected - that way you do not have to rip the movie to your hard drive first - but if you want to, all you have to do is browse the DVD and copy and paste staight to your hard drive -

From the AnyDVD info window I would suggest that the disc does not have any exotic protection and more likely that disc has a mastering errror.

Download Nero CDSpeed from http://www.cdspeed2000.com/ and scan the disc for errors - if it does the disc is faulty - take it back and get it exchanged!

ok I ran the program and it got to about 2/3rds the way through then an error message came out:
Error!
NO ADDITIONAL SENSE INFORMATION (000000)

heard of an error such as this before? Well I’ve just about given up with this movie…

Thanx for all the help.

using anydvd how do you rip on the fly?

As stated previously - if you just want the files on your hard drive, without changing anything, all you have to do if explore the DVD and copy and paste onto your hard drive - it is as easy as that!!

From Slysoft web site (okay it is to do with CloneCD, but should still hold) http://www.slysoft.com/en/when-burning-i-get-an-error-message-called-no-addi-faq.20.390.html