Help! probelms with copying

vbimport

I have been having problems with copying dvds. I don’t understand what could be wrong, because they were working for a while, but now almost every one i have tried either freezes during the copying titles process at 49% or 98% or somewhere around there. It’s very frustrating and I emailed slysoft but I haven’t gotten a reply. When it happens, it completely freezes and I have to hold the power button on my computer to shut it off. It wont let me do anything else and I can’t open anything when I do get it to shut down. I know this is really bad for my computer, but I don’t know how to fix it. I just bought the program and only have copied about 6 DVDs. I’m confused at what to do…Hope someone can help me!

First tell us what version of the software your using and what kinda burner and firmware do you have currently. And last but not least what media are you trying to backup? Also if you can be more specific as to what the error says or states? Every system is different in reporting errors eventhough they have the same O/S installed.

well i’m pretty new to this, but i think my version is 2.9.0.3 I bought it online, and have just copied some movies, and i have been trying to copy some of my friends movies, like Liar, Liar, How the grinch stole christmas, trapped, the bone collector…etc. I have a gateway laptop, and i’m not really sure what my burner is, but when i looked at the properties of the drive, it said QSI DVD±RW SDW-082. Is that what i need? Also, there is not ever an error message, but it just freezes at those points. I can leave it for hours and it does nothing, and i know that cant be right, so i dont understand what could be wrong. Sorry, im not real good with that kind of stuff…hope that helps. thanks!

OK, here a little more specs…you do also need Anydvd to bypass the copy protection which I think is kicking and preventing you from being able to backup the movie. But also remember you can only backup movies you own and purchased. Also how long has this been happening and when did it start doing that? CSS protected media will prevent you from finishing backing up your dvd media. Also as a good safe methood make sure your hardware is current version and that firmware from the company that manufactured your burner has firmware updated. But from what your describing it has to do with the proctection kicking in and stopping your process. So if you can go to slysoft site and download a trial version of AnyDVD and give that a shot as that program will be by default load to bypass the protection allowing you to backup your copy of the media.

yeah, i do have anydvd, but i will try to update both anydvd and clone dvd and hopefully it will fix my problem. thanks for your help!

Shaleelr -

Welcome to the CD Freaks Forum.

If you continue to have difficulties the easiest and quickest way to trouble shoot your problem is to closely review the AnyDVD Read First posting titled “New posters with ripping/burning problems” (http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=182650) and provide the pertinent information requested in that posting. For Forum Members to provide any meaningful assistance to you this information is vital to properly trouble shoot your problem.

BeLooken

Well I tried to update both AnyDVD and Clone DVD and I am still having the same problem…I’m so confused at why it is doing that!

Shaleelr -

Perchance did you read my #6 posting?

For Forum Members to be able to help you with your problem you are going to need to provide the information requested in the below Forum Posting ->

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=182650

BeLooken

version of anydvd: 6.1.0.7
version of clonedvd: 2.9.0.3
my DVD rom is QSI DVD±RW SDW-082
I use Windows XP
I have tried different blank medias, but I havent been able to get to that point since the first 6 DVDs i copied, so it really doesnt apply to my problem.
i’ve tried burning at max speed and at 4x, and either way i have the same problem.
AnyDVD status:
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.0.7)
QSI DVD±RW SDW-082 LX44
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2045168 sectors (3994 MBytes)
Total size: 4090328 sectors (7988 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: HARRYMET
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Found & removed RCE protection!
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

I didn’t receive an error message at all, just the program continues to run, but the copying freezes either in the middle (around 45%) or at the end (98 or 99%)

I hope this is what you need, i dont know much about hardware and that kind of stuff. I just copied a DVD yesterday that I had tried 3 times before, and it finally worked then, so I’m not sure why it works only sometimes. Could there be something wrong with my DVD burner itself? Thanks!

Shaleelr,

I’m having the same EXACT problem as you. What caught me is that we both have new Gateway Laptops. Hoping this isn’t the problem. Here are my specs BeLooken

I’m using Windows XP with Media Center, Gateway MX6920 from Circuit City

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.0.7)
PHILIPS DVD±RW SDVD8441 PA48
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2020592 sectors (3946 MBytes)
Total size: 4041173 sectors (7892 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THANKYOUFORSMOKING_WS
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Found & removed RCE protection!
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

There is no error message to supply, and blank media is TDK dvd-r 8X and Imation dvd-r 8X but I can’t even get to the part where its says insert blank media.

Now the problem is the same BeLooken, neither of us even GET to the writing of the DVD. During the copy run, the CloneDVD freezes. I’ve done this many times and I have noted the file that it stops on. Usually vts_07_2.vob or vts_04_2.vob… and so on. After holding the power button to shutoff, I restart and open up Windows explorer, View the file that it stopped on in VLC player, and then next time I go into CloneDVD to copy the dvd, I deselect the track that made it freeze (made possible by the Preview feature in cloneDVD). I do this or I select ONLY the main track and “preserve menus” and it usually works. The crappy part is that I lose all the extras which for some of the titles I really want to keep for my backups.

Ok so that’s the problem.

But now I’ve got a new one. Thank You For Smoking. When I try to burn only the main track, its still freezes. So therefore I can’t do anything. :confused:

As with Shaleelr, the first few burns worked flawlessly. Now I can’t get any to work start to finish.

I emailed Slysofy/elby. Their response was to update AnyDVD. I did. Problem NOT fixed. :a

Shaleelr -

Usually freezing during burning data to blank DVD Media is cause by the use of poor quality blank DVD Media and/or the use of old out dated obsolete DVD Burner Firmware or a combination of both.

From reviewing CD Freaks Forum archival postings it appears that your QSI DVD±RW SDW-082 DVD Burner with version LX44 Firmware has old out of date obsolete Firmware. It appears that version LX51 Firmware is the newer most current up to date Firmware ->

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=205461&highlight=LX51

Also unfortunately you have neglected to provide the MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) of the blank DVD Media you are using so it is impossible to know the actual quality of the blank DVD Media you are using. In the referenced Forum link provided in my #6 and #8 postings provides information one how to obtain the MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) of the blank DVD Media. To obtain consistent error free Burning results use known proven quality DVD Media such as Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden.

BeLooken

I always use samsung pleomax dvd-r 8x I havent had a problem yet on either of my dvd burners I have. I do agree with firmware problems I did have problems with my nec that i had then I switched firmware and went to the dvd media mentioned above no problems what so ever

If you have burned dvds before with no problem with this media please do a seach on your computers for hidden VTS files they do appear sometimes I just took 8Gb off of my computer because it was running slower and freezing some onther programs. Just go to start search all files and folders and before you type in VTS in the seach go to more advance options High light every box and then go type in VTS and see If you have alot of VTS files then delete them by holding ctrl on your keyboard and high lighting them all and delete them

mikeerwin,

thanks for the tip on removing vts files… free’d up 6 gigs worth. unfortunately it hasn’t solved my copying problems…

quick question to BeLooken… I know neither of us gave you the blank media but how does that effect anything when we don’t get to the point where we’re required to insert the blank media. The freezing occurs while copying from the original dvd to the harddrive. But anyway here’s mine:

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:TTG02]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [TDK Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [TTG02]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4.71 GB (4.38 GiB)]

[ DVD Identifier V5.0.1 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

I was searching some other threads and came accross DVDFab. Worked perfectly without any gliches. Copied the entire dvd without having to lose extra features. However, I pitch CloneDVD and AnyDVD to lots of my friends and family because of previous success, so I’d like to still fix that problem. Shaleelr, if you have no bond to those two products, I’d try DVDFab.

Well I have found some other programs that have worked, but I am still a little mad about CloneDVD not working, because I paid for it and have the key and everything, but can’t use it, so I would rather just have my money back if it isn’t going to work, but I don’t know how that will happen, so I guess I’m out of luck!

@ shaleelr,

The CloneDVD software program has a well-documented history of be being a stable error free software program. I am sorry to see that you are upset with the CloneDVD software program.

Forum Member BeLooken was attempting to assist you with your problem but it appears that chose not to provide the information requested in his #11 posting. It’s rather difficult to assist someone when they chose not to provide pertinent information on a possible cause of their problem.

I believe in Forum Member BeLooken #11 posting he/she explains that old out dated DVD Burner Firmware and the use of poor quality blank DVD Media is a primary cause of freezing during burning.

Did you ever update your DVD Burner Firmware? What is the MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) of the blank DVD Media you are using ?

Best Regards,
bjkg

Good news, I found a post on the Slysoft Forum and this worked for me. I have only copied one DVD so far, but it has worked!

1. Keep your license key file backed up somewhere safely.

2. Start–>all programs–>elaborate bytes–>clonedvd2–>uninstall

3. reboot

4. clear your browser cache

5. download clonedvd2: visit http://www.slysoft.com/download.html

6. Install the file you just downloaded

7. Install your license key file

Hope this helps!

Ok, so I am back again with the same problem. I haven’t been using the software for a while, updated it, and was able to successfully burn one dvd, and then I started having the same problem again. The copying part (not the actual burn) freezes at either 48% or 98% and there is nothing I can do to make it work. I have updated my firmware to the latest and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, no luck. Just to make sure I’m giving out the right information, my computer is a Gateway laptop model 6518GZ, and the burner is QSI DVD±RW SDW-082 LX51. I don’t know much about that stuff other than what to click to find the info, so any suggestions you have will be greatly appreciated. I will keep trying other things to see what I can come up with, but if anyone know of this being a regular problem and how to fix it that would be great!

[QUOTE=shaleelr;1670030]well i’m pretty new to this, but i think my version is 2.9.0.3 I bought it online, and have just copied some movies, and [B][I]i have been trying to copy some of my friends movies,[/I][/B] like Liar, Liar, How the grinch stole christmas, trapped, the bone collector…etc. I have a gateway laptop, and i’m not really sure what my burner is, but when i looked at the properties of the drive, it said QSI DVD±RW SDW-082. Is that what i need? Also, there is not ever an error message, but it just freezes at those points. I can leave it for hours and it does nothing, and i know that cant be right, so i dont understand what could be wrong. Sorry, im not real good with that kind of stuff…hope that helps. thanks![/QUOTE]

You should really only backup movies you own…:rolleyes:

wow i dont even remember posting that. i own all of those movies…and i guess now i do remember when i was copying them, but they were mine. i dont know why i would have said my friends movies? well anyway, the problem i am having is with all of the movies that i own and am trying to make copies of. im just trying to figure out what the problem is with it.