Help Please?

Can someone please help me?

I have a program on my computer that i would like to put on a dvd. So that i can use it to also download onto another computer.

I thought i had copied the program to a dvd but it didnt work like i thought it would. the computer doesnt start to download it or anything. Basically it is just a data disc now. The program itself is not there.

Can someone please tell me step by step how to do it?
I am using windows vista if it makes a difference.

Thank you.

I do not completely understand your question.

Is it a program that is currently installed on your PC that you want to backup by copying the files to CD or DVD? If so, this is not likely to work, because installation also installs files in other directories (e.g. Windows/system).

I would suggest that you try to make a backup of the original disc. YOu might want to check it for any copy protection to see if you need a special program to back it up (tutorials can be found in various sections of this forum).

If it is a software you downloaded, than you can make a copy of a download to CD or DVD.
If it is a software already on your computer, than like [B]Da_Taxman [/B]say, that is not possible, because actual program files are all over the place. You will never find them all. Even if you do and copy them, than unless you place them in the same spot on other computer it will not work, even this method is 50-50.

Thank you for the reply.

What it is is a program that is on my computer that came with it. I would like to copy it to a cd/dvd so i can put the same program onto another computer. And for it to be functional.

Is it not possible for this to be done?

How about a program that i downloaded off a disk to my computer? Can i make another disk of this program if i dont have the original disk?

Thanks for your time and help.

Ok cd thank you. That explains wht the one i tried did not work.

I was typing my reply when you answered too. :slight_smile:

How about my second question? Could i make a disk from that program? I downloaded it off a disk but i no longer have it. I would like to make another disk of this program to download to another computer.

If this is possible how can i do it?

If you do not have original disc where that program was on, than you cannot do it, because you are trying the same thing. Copying installed program from hard drive - no go.

[QUOTE=Hntnwhttail4lf;2221493]Ok cd thank you. That explains wht the one i tried did not work.

I was typing my reply when you answered too. :slight_smile:

How about my second question? Could i make a disk from that program? I downloaded it off a disk but i no longer have it. I would like to make another disk of this program to download to another computer.

If this is possible how can i do it?[/QUOTE]

Probably no. Unless you have the image of the disk you can recreate it again. But without the source disc your left with what is installed on the computer.

Ok ,thank you everyone for your help.