Help please

vbimport

i am new to all this i just bought the dvd next copy today and when i burn a movie it is jumpy like it is jumpng from frame to frame… i have done everything that the book says to do and still no luck…it even does it when it is saving it to the hard drive i can see it doing it in the preview screen.
i am running windows xp… any help would be great… thanks

[QUOTE=ferber076;1996232]i am new to all this i just bought the dvd next copy today and when i burn a movie it is jumpy like it is jumpng from frame to frame… i have done everything that the book says to do and still no luck…it even does it when it is saving it to the hard drive i can see it doing it in the preview screen.
i am running windows xp… any help would be great… thanks[/QUOTE]

Hi so it is skipping even playing the ISO or Video_TS folder on the hard drive too? If not you are using poor blank media. CDFreaks has allot of info on good media [U][B]HERE[/B][/U]. Also what was the quality setting used during the ripping process? I’ll post the window on that for you as well.

Although it is recommended to use default this setting may not work well for you and you may want to rip to the hard drive using a different setting and see how that plays back on the PC before you put it on a DVD or use DVD+RW’s and booktype to DVD-ROM.

Here is the quality settings you have to choose from. I am working with them to give less choices and better outcome as well on this. I have had allot of good feedback on users using the Max. Sharp (Fastest) as well.

Quality Settings Explained

The results from these settings may vary slightly according to each individual’s computer.

In general this is what they mean.

[B]Max. Sharp (Fastest)[/B] = The output is very sharp but it is possible that the picture might have some skipping effects.

[B]Sharp (Fast) [/B]= The picture will almost be as sharp as the original.

[B]Default (Normal)[/B] = The picture will be just as good as the original. [B]Recommended Setting[/B]

[B]Fluid (Slow)[/B] = Some movies will look better with this option with some blur.

[B]Max. Fluid (Slowest) [/B]= Some details might be lost due to heavier blur.

The best thing to do is play around with these settings until you find which one works best for you and your setup. We will always suggest the default setting though here on the forum.

I am also curious of the amount of RAM installed and what playback program you tried using as well.

thanks for the reply the setting during the ripping process was normal i have not tryed it just saving it to my pc i am doing so now so i will have to get back to you on that but the discs i am using are sony dvd+r 4.7 GB…also the third party software i am using is machinist2dll.

Great when you burn I suggest to burn at 12x or 8x.

ok i saved it to pc and yes it is still skipping on there too. its kinda like it plays the first few seconds of each frame

What is the title? Does this happen to all titles? Might need to clean the DVD prior to ripping.

i have tryed 4 different titles all witht he same outcome. titles are full metal jacket,good luck chuck, few good men, the unit. when the preview comes up it does the skipping thing as well so i dont know if it a prob with my computer or the software just hate to spend that kind of money on something and cant use it…

[QUOTE=ferber076;1996302]i have tryed 4 different titles all witht he same outcome. titles are full metal jacket,good luck chuck, few good men, the unit. when the preview comes up it does the skipping thing as well so i dont know if it a prob with my computer or the software just hate to spend that kind of money on something and cant use it…[/QUOTE]

Well have you tried the different quality settings? If not give it a try and if so there is no worry about wasted money as there is a 90 day 100% money back guarrantee as well

well i burned another disc of one of the same movies and it played ok on my pc but not on my dvd player so i tryed a different dvd player and it worked so not sure what to do there but at least i know its not the program now…

Thanks for the update let me know the player brand and model to report so it can be resolved in an update.