Help Please!

vbimport

#1

Hi All,

I’ve been struggling with a conversion problem for abit, trying to work out the settings myself.

I have been using “ChickenMan”'s guide “How to Convert you DivX/AVI to DVD”
(Great guide by the way, Chickenman)

But an AVI is not converting properly as I’m trying to fit 3 Videos onto 1 4.7 DVD-R.

The guide shows how to convert 1 avi to 1 DVD-R but with the AVI files only being 40 - 45 mins in length, 3 could fit onto 1 DVD-R (4.7G)

Here’s the log from when I try and run D2SRoBa


D2SRoBa v3.60, by Tylo

  • WIN_XP - AutoIt 3.0.101.0
  • 2005-04-21 16:12:22

  • Output type : DVD
  • CD size : 1400
  • Threshold Q : 13
  • Sample size : 1.0%
  • Adjust estimated : 1.2%
  • Cond. sizing pass : Yes (Transcode if opv sz > 0.0% oversize, and Q <= 40)
    (Encode if opv sz < 2.5% undersize, or Q > 40)
  • Cond. filtering : If configured, and estim. Q reaches above Threshold Q
  • Run mode : Normal

  • Waiting for CCE window …
  • Detected a CCE encode window
  • Detected the movie encode window - shutting down

  • 2005-04-21 16:19:36
  • Project dir: D:\Temp10\
  • Avisynth setup: LanczosResize
  • Configured cond. filter: C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Tylo\RoBaConditional.avs
  • D2S ver. 1.2.2.3, CCE ver. 2.67.0.27
  • Setting high process priority

  • Movie length : 00:41:50 (62768 frames, 25 fps)
  • D2S audio select : 160 + 0 kbps
  • D2S video calc. : 4402 kbps, 1 CDs
  • Select ranges : every 1200, select 12 frames
  • Sample frames : 636

Calculations:

  • 1 CD: video_br=4402 (4402) audio_br=160+0 video_sz=1381523680 fill=100% cbr=0
- Using num CDs   	 : 1
- Target mpv br   	 : 4402 (max 9000) kbps, size=1381523680 bytes
--------------------------------------------------------
Search for Q:
- Sample enc. Q=13	 : 4647 kbps, err=5.6%, size=1458619364, sample sz=14779536
- Sample enc. Q=14	 : Skipped. Restarting search with cond. filter
- Sample enc. Q=13	 : 282 kbps, err=-93.6%, size=88776059, sample sz=899528
- Sample enc. Q=6	 : 324 kbps, err=-92.6%, size=101741401, sample sz=1030900
- Switch to binary search
- Sample enc. Q=9	 : 300 kbps, err=-93.2%, size=94182792, sample sz=954312
- Sample enc. Q=0	 : 376 kbps, err=-91.5%, size=118021999, sample sz=1195864
--------------------------------------------------------
- Determined Q  	 : 1   = Round(0 + (-91.5 - 1.2)/-1.#IND)
--------------------------------------------------------
- 2005-04-21 16:21:12
- Start movie OPV encoding (Q 1)
- OPV pass result: 0.1% on target, 4 kbps (1316848 / 1381523680) Speed: 561.81
--------------------------------------------------------
- 2005-04-21 16:21:18
- Start VBR sizing pass (4402 kbps)
- Sizing pass result: 0.1% on target, 4 kbps (1488588 / 1381523680) Speed: 554.57
--------------------------------------------------------
- 2005-04-21 16:21:25
- Recover DVD2SVCD: Muxing

Can any one help PLEASE!!!!!  :confused: 

Cheers and Beers
TaaS

#2

I’m absoutely inexperienced in this, but it seems that your program calculates the bitrate as he had to put 1 AVI into one DVD. The best think should be if all AVIs you have had the same resolution. The you just had to join the three AVIs (e.g. VirtualDub) then put chapters at the beginning of the movie.
Otherwise, you could encode one file at a time, but some settings will have be to changed. For instance, in the step 'Run D2SRoBa and set CD Size to 4440 ’ you could put 1480, instead. After that you’ll put all the movies in TMPGenc DVD author…
I tried, I hope it works…


#3

I use D2SRoBa all the time but only on a 1 to 1 basis. You’ve correctly set the file size & the log shows that the muxed file is the size you want. I set DVD2SVCD to NOT delete any files.
I’m sure that having converted the files individually , saving the mpv & encoded audio files (not the muxed file) , suitably renamed that you can add these into TMPGenc DVD Author , or better still DVD-Lab Pro, to produce your DVD. I say save the video & audio files rather than the muxed file as this seems to contain some unnecessary overheads (a larger file) & I find letting the authoring app mux the vidoe & audio works better ( for me anyway).

I can’t remember whether TMPGenc is fussy about differing bit rates but I recall some issue with differing audio bit rates.

DVD-Lab is a much more capable authoring app & has a good auto-chaptering function so I use that mostly.