Help please with setup of LiteOn LVW 5005

vbimport

Hi Everybody,
I am brand new to this forum and have searched before posting with every term I could think of within my limited knowledge, but didn’t find any answers.
Here is my problem:
I just bought the LiteOn LVW 505 and tried to hook it up to the rest of my system (RCA 24" TV, Sony HT-DDW 750 home theater system, and Omnivision VCR).
However, my TV’s A/V outputs don’t work (rusted out due to high humidity). With my standalone DVD player (CyberHome) I was able to connect to TV by going through the VCR. Is this a possibility with the LiteOn? I have tried it yesterday but the picture came out very grainy, and I don’t know if this is due to wrong setup or defect on player.
I would really appreciate any help with this…
Mahalo!

You mean the TV’s A/V inputs surely? This might be your problem if you’re confusing the two.

Also it kinda sounds like if your inputs are toast, you were using the VCR to pass a RF moudlated signal to the TV? The Liteon doesn’t work that way, it’s RF input and output are pass through for the RF signal only. Can I suggest patching your VCR back into the system and continuing to use it as a RF converter. Use the A/V inputs on it to take the feed from the Liteon.

I know this is a bummer, I felt the same way when I found out and wasn’t able to feed my upstairs TV’s via RF. I had to buy a cheap RF converter to do the job instead (no room left to retain the VCR).