Help please to choose between 3 firmwares for LiteOn SOHW-1633S

Hello,
I have a drive named “1-0-1-0 G:LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S BPSA” ,
i always burn at 4x speed for durable DVDR,
i want to upgrade the firmware of this drive and i want the best quality of burning that produce DVDR that last a long time.
I have read a lot of posts on this forum but i can’t make a choice between 3 firmwares.

Which is the best firmware between those ones ? :

BS0Y for LiteOn SOHW-1633S
or
CS0T fast burn FBD/FBDX for LiteOn SOHW-1653S
or
CS0T multi-colored LED for LiteOn SOHW-1653S

Thank you for you help.

CS0T FBDX and MCC004 @12x should give good results. at least my 1633S did a good job back then with this combo. luckily it died long time ago and got replaced. but you need to test for yourself to see which firmware your drive likes most.

BS41 – best firmware for the 1633.

http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares/dvdrw/stock/1633S.BS41.stock.rar

OK Dalen Quaice, thank you :flower:,
i’m ready to believe you but how can you be sure of that, did you test the others firmwares or is there a test somewhere that show that the BS41 is the best firmware for LITE-ON SOHW-1633S ?

Thank you.

BS41 was OK, but CS0T FBDX should be better. just test it for yourself and you will see, because every drive behaves different.

There is no way to say for certain that one firmware is always better than another. Each drive has a unique EEPROM, so it will behave uniquely. I just didn’t have the time to say that earlier when I posted… I advise you to try BS41 and see how it works for you because it is the best, in my opinion.