Help please (Samsung SH-S223B)

vbimport

Can anyone help me - I am clueless when it comes to this and I have tried to figure this out by reading online but only become more confused.

I just got a Samsung SH-S223F unlike the B it says above from someone and cannot return it. I have a Sony VGN-NR21J and I was wondering if I can connect this DVD writer to my laptop and how do I do this? Will this work ok?

Thanks for any help given. :bow:

T

Thats an HH drive?

Then you need an enclosue, put the drive in, connect it to the lappy.

Right now to sound really thick - whats a enclosure and how do I get one, is there a special one I need for my writer? This is a whole new level for me lol:eek:

T

Hi,[QUOTE=Terri75;2538834]Right now to sound really thick - whats a enclosure[/quote]a box where your drive fits in plus a power supply brick plus some electronics.
–> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disk_enclosure

and how do I get one,
Simply buy one. :bigsmile: There are local shops and there are online shops. A plain matter of taste.

is there a special one I need for my writer?
You need an enclosure that has an internal Sata interface. External should be USB 2.0 HiSpeed.

If you are in doubt, ask a local computer shop for assistance. Also have a look at the price for such an enclosure. Sometimes they are not much cheaper than a “ready-to-run” external drive (and don’t go for an external slim drive without power supply!).

Michael

Thanks for that, one last question (hopefully) what size would I need as I see there is ones that are 2.5" and 3.5" I have looked on the box and cannot seem to find any clue as to which one I would need?

Many thanks again :bow:

[QUOTE=Terri75;2539119]Thanks for that, one last question (hopefully) what size would I need as I see there is ones that are 2.5" and 3.5" [/QUOTE]No. 2.5" and 3.5" are for HDDs. You need an 5.25" enclosure.
Examples: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007705%20600006253&IsNodeId=1&name=5.25
Internal interface must be Sata.

Michael