Originally posted by Charlieco
Did you try uninstalling nero rebooting then reinstalling?
Sometimes it happens to me then I uninstall nero then use ultra wincleaner and clean the registry, then reinstall the trouble app (Nero) and Im back in business.
The fact is that this problems happends with Nero and also with DVDDecrypter (that use SPTI I/O driver and not Nero WNASPI).
Anyway... these are the final results:
1) The 1st DVD-R (not +R) that I burn after powering-on my PC very often is unreadable with the "Read of scrambled sector without authentication" error. Then I can do all DVD-R that I want... but all will be fine (after the 1st coaster)
2) Sometimes the NEC hang up during the Lead-In. This happend with the old firmware (flashed with the Windows Flasher). With the new re-flash this problem doesn't happend until now.
3) No problems with +R (until now)
4) The only advantage of the re-flash (under DOS) is that the write strategy (at least with Memorex -R) is MUCH better. Now i have low PI/PO and no bad graphic in Nero CD-DVD Speed. I'll try some Ritek.
5) Seems that this NEC like, at least, 4x writing (and up). 2x is not a good speed for this drive and often produces worst results than 4x writing.
Any suggestion is really appreciated!