Help please im a newbie

ok i got the 48x24x48 memorex cd/rw and i here its a lite on how do i convert it to a lite on. i know you do it with firmware but have no idea how to do it.please help

At the top of this forum are several sticky threads that are all about the process. In particular you should read the MTKFlash thread and the overclocking threads, as all your questions may be answered there. You need the .bin file version of the LiteOn firmware, and MTKFlash, and a way to boot to DOS to run the operation.

i did the mtk but it was in another laguage dont ask me why but leave it to me to mess it up .

Originally posted by raggie30
i did the mtk but it was in another laguage dont ask me why but leave it to me to mess it up .

Where did you get it from? Is it version 148?

Suggestion: Make sure you get a copy of your current firmware before you flash it to a LiteOn, in case you ever need to reflash it back to a Memorex. You can do this using Mtkflash.

Everything you need is HERE

ty foir the advice so far i went to that webpage i dont have a floopy drive so i got the bootdisk for cd from that page and its in another language.but i still type mtkflash “3” w /b 6s01.bin btw im wanting to make it a 52 speed burner is that what i type ok now its flashed i can burn cd with windows xp recorder but nero dont see it im updateing nero and crossing fingers

ok now i record 702 megs a mp3,s in 2 minutes 41 seconds is this ok?

2 minutes 41 seconds

This is good!