HELP! Please. DVDFab slows to almost stop

Hi. I am in need of some serious help. I am VERY new to all this and I have been trying to back up my favorite dvds. I just downloaded the free version of DVDFab 5.2.3.2 and at first it wouldn’t do anything. I searched your forum with great results but now i’m stuck. Please forgive me if I have posted in the wrong forum. My problem is I have made it all the way to the part where u copy the VTS. ( I forgot to mention I am pretty computer ilit. lol). It started out pretty good. The MB/s got all the way up to 3.5 and then around 20% it started going down to 0.16 MB/s. So I went to check to see if it had slipped into PIO and i don’t have any Primary or Secondary IDE channels. They all just say IDE Channel. But the one that did have info under Advanced Settings says “0 ATA disk Ultra DMA mode 5” and underneath that is says “1 ATAPI Cdrom Ultra DMA mode 2”. So I am very confused now. Any help will be most appreciated. Thank u so much!!!:flower:

DMA Mode 5 should be the hard drive The thats in DMA mode 2 is your burner, are you using the free trial of Gold or Platinum or are you using the DVDFAB HD Decrypter

On the title bar of DVDFab you will see a check mark click on that and the common settings page will open, then on the left side you will see the different settings pages click on General and at the bottom of that settings page click on “RESET DMA” then try again :wink:

also make sure the DVDs that you are trying to backup are clean no fingerprints :bigsmile:

Her burner in is the Ultra DMA Mode 2 Tim, But wouldn’t hurt to reset it anyway I guess, Glad you are on as if she is using the HD Decrypter I am lost on that as I haven’t used that program and it’s been years since I used DVD Decrypter so I have forgot all about it

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2212085]On the title bar of DVDFab you will see a check mark click on that and the common settings page will open, then on the left side you will see the different settings pages click on General and at the bottom of that settings page click on “RESET DMA” then try again :wink:

also make sure the DVDs that you are trying to backup are clean no fingerprints :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

yet another reason why i should not stay away from this site for too long.
just encountered the same slowness issue, but it started happening right after i upgraded to the latest version.
i have a full version purchased.
i followed the steps as outlined by StormJumper and it worked, able to backup no issues.

TY!

[quote=skuntbehavior;2212417]yet another reason why i should not stay away from this site for too long.
just encountered the same slowness issue, but it started happening right after i upgraded to the latest version.
i have a full version purchased.
i followed the steps as outlined by StormJumper and it worked, able to backup no issues.

TY![/quote]
:cool: