HELP! Philips DVDR16LSK/00 Freezes computer

Hi everybody! Some time ago I bought and installed a new Philips DVDR16LSK/00 DVD Lightscribe burner. Everytime I try to play a normal DVD, my computer freezes! CTRL-ALT-DEL doesn’t even work anymore and I have to turn off my computer the hard way :frowning: This never happened with my previous DVD burner (Plextor). Does someone know what I can do? I checked the internet on this topic and there are some people out there with the same issue, but none of them seem to have a good solution to this problem. Here are some specs:

Computer: HP Pavilion t390.nl (3 Ghz)
Motherboard: Yale
Chipset Intel: 845G
Windows XP SP2
Burner is plugged on the Master IDE cable
Bios revision is up to date (latest version)
Drivers are up to date (1.9)
Nero 6 Lightscribe Edition (No other burning software)
I also disabled auto start up when inserting DVD

The “funny” thing is that I can play normal CDs, burn CDRs without a problem. When I burn a DVD my comp sometimes freezes as well.

I hope you guys and gals can help me out here :smiley: I really appreciate your feedback!!

Cheers!

Maurits.

have you tried to play the dvd with other software?
do you have the latest version of nero?

Hi Phil, thanks for your quick reply :slight_smile:

I do have the latest update of Nero 6. As for other software, I don’t even get the chance to select a different program :frowning: I just insert the DVD in my computer and everything freezes after 2 seconds…

Uninstall InCD, or any other packet writing software.

Q.

Hi Qyngali,

InCD was never installed and besides Nero there are no other burning/writing software installed. I also uninstalled Nero to see if there’s any difference, but alas, my computer still freezes up :frowning:

Update your motherboards chipset drivers.

Check the event log in administrative tools for anything flagged.

Try changing the position of the drive to slave on the primary or secondary channel.