Help openin a folder on a cd

My friend make a backup of her data onto a CD and then reformatted - the probem is the CD doesnt work. I really would like to get the photos off the CD, their from a once in a life time trip and it would be a shame to loose them.

The CD opens (just) in windows, its slow and takes ages to go into each folder, when I double click to go into the honduras folder it says it cannot open that file type…

So I researched the CD format CDFS on the net found one thing saying it was windows and another saying it was linux - so I put the CD on my laptop (it has linspire on it) it loaded the CD fine but when I get to the folder that has the images in it they aren’t there - I know they are because we managed to get that far on my friends computer.

I’ve tried copying but its protected, I also found a similar thread somewhere on here saying run A-Ray so I ran that and got this:
[12:05:53 PM] — File(s) Scan Finished [4.20s] —
[12:05:57 PM] No Protection detected -> D:\Aug 16 2005 [E129E927]

so if the files arent protected whycant I copy them!?

Argh! I really need these photos - they’ll be going on the website ‘hopefully’ if I ever get them http://apricot13.org/honduras

Welcome to the forum

Try to recover your files with IsoBuster

it didn’t work sigh

this is so frustrating!

Try creating an image of the CD using Nero or any other s/w and burn to a new CD.

Thread Moved