Help on this matter please! (DL Disks)

Well today I bought some Ridata DVD+R DL 2.4X disks to back up some important large files. But I ran into a little trouble trying to burn. I got a NEC 3500AG Burner with Original V2.17 firmware. Now when I came to burn it on Nero 7.0.1.2 Premium and gave me the error shown on the attachment.

if the attachment doesn’t work then here’s some part of the error that got me lost.

8:25:42 PM #41 CDR -1046 File WriterStatus.cpp, Line 167
Illegal disc
G: _NEC DVD_RW ND-3500AG

8:25:42 PM #42 TRANSFER -24 File WriterStatus.cpp, Line 167
Could not perform end of Disc-at-once

8:25:42 PM #43 Phase 38 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1725
Burn process failed at 2.4x (3,324 KB/s)

Any help would be very much appreciated! Thank you.

No surprise - this media is crap.

Use Verbatims only.

Agree - Ritek (dats incl brands traxdata,ridata,ritek,ridisc) DL = inconsistent, unreliable, waste of money.

I tried some of that crappy ritek dual layer on three diffrent burners and all burned horrible. Defanatlly get some verbatium.

well that sucks…i just bought 10 of these…I guess I’ll buy couple of Verbatirum to see how it goes. Thanks!

I’m not sure where you are at, but microcenter has 10 packs of verbatium dual layer for 20$.
http://www.microcenter.com/at_the_stores/index.html
For waht dual layer costs, I would see if they will let you return the ridata as defective (If it wont bunr right, in my book that makes it defective).

Well, It seems the problem is solved…As most of you said and I kindly thank you for your respond, that Ridata is the worst brand for DL’s…Well I figured that I’ve been using this brand for over a year and never had any problem with their CD-R’s DVD-+R’s so I didn’t think it was the disks that had problem. Again I had a Nec 3500AG, but either way I went and bought a Lite-ON SOHW-1693S and gave these disks a try. I’ve burnt all 10 disks without any errors whatsoever! So I guess it’s Nec’s burners that have issues on DL disks and defineing them :slight_smile: Problems solves and I didn’t waste any extra money on disks, but insdead I bought a new burner (Which I had to buy another one anyways, cuz I burn a lot).

My nec 3500 does just fine with verbatium dual layer (or any verbatium). If you mean that the ridata burned fine on the liteon, I still wouldn’t trust them. The liteon is one of the best drives for error scanning though, so you can scan your burns and see how they did. Ridata disks can either be ritek or ricoh. Ritek used to be ok and some varietys of ricoh are exelent. It is quite possible that you got ricohs and that is why they burned so good. The ridata dual layer are only ritek though. Ritek used to be ok, but thier quality control has gone right down the toilet. I know someone here that used to swear by ritek that now despises it. Most (not all) people have gotten terible results with the dual layer ritek. I would stronglly sugest scanning the ridata dual layer disks to see how high errors are. If they actually did burn good, then you are one of the lucky ones, just hope they keep burning like that (might be worth occationally scanning to see if they keep burning good.
here is some info on krpobe for scanning on your liteon
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=93944