Help on these 2 Liteon drives?

vbimport

Hi there,

I am about to purchase the following 2 Liteon drives, the LTR32123S CDRW drive and the LTD163-01VHC or LTD163-02VHC DVD-ROM drive.

I going to be making backups of games that are protected with SD2 and others and was wondering if the writer will able to do these backups with no problem. I have checked on the CloneCD site and they yet have to update the database and this drive details are not included. The previous 24x and 16x are there and I am assuming that the 32x will have the same capabilities. I am particularly fussy on the "Correct EFM" bit. Correct me if I am wrong but with this feature you can make perfect duplicates of almost everything that is out there, data, games, etc and was wondering if anyone out there has one and has made successful duplictes of these protected cd's.

I also want to get their DVD-drives. As you can see from the above I have mentioned 2 dvd drives. Are they both the same? or any differences (minor, major, etc)? Can these read sub channel data, audio etc. Which one would you recommend me??

Thanks

Alam

Originally posted by alamski
I going to be making backups of games that are protected with SD2 and others and was wondering if the writer will able to do these backups with no problem. I have checked on the CloneCD site and they yet have to update the database and this drive details are not included. The previous 24x and 16x are there and I am assuming that the 32x will have the same capabilities. I am particularly fussy on the “Correct EFM” bit. Correct me if I am wrong but with this feature you can make perfect duplicates of almost everything that is out there, data, games, etc

[b]The main feature of every liteon CDRW after the 24102B (or even a 16x model like u said)model is correct emf bit patterns - so ur drive will slice through SD 2.51 [latest] protection. CloneCD just haven’i added the Liteon drives :slight_smile:
The liteon’s are the best for games and data copying, but not audio. Most people on this liteon forum can backup SD 2.51 [eg: MOHAA] fine. i have done it with a 24102B[24x] and a 40125S [4ox] .Beware that SD 2.51 backups dont play in CDRW drives - only DVD/CD drives becuse the .exe contains ATIP detection Protection.

I dont know this difference btween the two DVD drives.

LiteOn CDRW’s are best for game Backups; Plex for audio.
(Also plex cant write 99mins on 99min blank media !!)[/b]

alamski, I own a LTR 32123S Liteon and I have no regrets. Does the job right first time, every time! It’s an SD2 killer!

Cheers guys, looks like the 32x ones the one im gonna get and the dvd rom i saw on BlindWrite’s site and they havent exactly tested it properly but i did see they say that it supports PQ subcodes in clonecd terms sub channel audio and data, so yeah thanks anyways.

Laters

Alam

I have the LTR-32123S and the LTD-163, and both work just fine. I’m pleased with them both.