[Help on removing the Securom protection!]

Hi guys! =)
I’m new here…
But I would like to ask your help! =}

This is my problem…
I have a game protected by “Securom new” - the protection was detected using “ClonyXL” and I manually checked the existence of the “sintf16.dll”, “sintf32.dll” and “sintfnt.dll” files on my C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ directory…

I can run the game with no problems using “Daemon Tools 2.88” (with the bin+cue file) or the “Generic SecuROM crack v6.0” (with the burned CD) or by using “Insektors 1.1”…
But I need to be able do modify the game’s main executable to “crack it”(*) and I can only do that by unpacking/unwrapping it first! - I’ve been collecting some info about this and I already have some basic knowledge about the Securom working scheme!

(*) - Let’s just say I need to run the game without the CD, only for “convenience reasons”! :wink:

I’m still just a “newbie” in this cracking stuff, although I can already “remove” some simple CD checks!
But these “commercial protections” are way too beyond my actual cracking skills… =/
So I’m asking for your help!

I found a tutorial on how to manually unpack it at: http://linux20368.dn.net/IDArchive/ID-RIP/database/tornado/notes092000/p09_4.html
(this link might be helpful for some people trying to hack the Securom protection too!)
But that’s a bit to much for me… (like I said before, I started only some time ago!) O_o
And I was trying to find something that could do that hard/boring unpacking/unwarping part for me… =)

I already know about “UnSecurom 1.0”, but that doesn’t work, because it’s only compatible with the first version of “Securom”…

And then I found “ProcDump32 1.6.2” - you can get it at: http://www.programmerstools.org/unpackers.htm - which comes included with a plug-in called “Securom Brahma client unwrapper v1.01”, and it claims to be able to dump/unpack “Securom > r2” protected executables (although it’s rather old - from March 1999)…

But I follow all the instructions in the readme.txt file and I still can’t do it! =(
I start “ProcDump32”, load the “Bhrama Server”, load the game, load the “securom unwrapper plug-in” (loader.exe), select the protected executable, click OK on the alert box, and then it appears a message “Process 0xFFF??? will be dumped.” (of course there are other stuff instead of the question marks!) on the “Bhrama server” window, but then nothing appens! =(
The only button avaliable is still “Abort”…
And if I try the “Unpack” command I get an error message like “This process can’t be dumped !!” …
Or if I try the “Dump” (Full/Parcial) feature, I get “Process is not 32 bit or can’t be loaded or is already finished !” …
(Did anyone of you guys already used this tool before?)

And that’s it…
So, do you guys know how I can pull this off?
How I can unwrap/unpack the executable file?
Is there any other tool that can help me?
Or ProcDump32 works fine but I’m doing something wrong?
Do you know where can I find more info on doing this “easily”?

I hope someone can give me a hand…
And I would be really thankfull if you guys could help me out with this!.. =}

P.S.: Sorry for any kind of mistakes on my message… It’s because english is not my natural language… =P
See ya soon! =)

I am a cracker myself, but as you, I don’t have enough skills to crack the commercial CD-Protections.

However, there is a generic Securom Unpacker. If I remember correctly, it’s available at http://come.to/gamefix

You could also download a cracked executable at http://www.gamecopyworld.com

Originally posted by Ljugtomten

However, there is a generic Securom Unpacker. If I remember correctly, it’s available at http://come.to/gamefix

Hey, thanks for replying to my message! :slight_smile:
But that “Generic Securom Unpacker” you were refering is probably (and please correct me if I’m wrong!) the UnSecurom 1.0
But like I mentioned before on my previous message, that unpacker only works with the first version of Securom and therefore it’s not compatible with the game I want to crack, which is protected with Securom new:frowning:
I’ve tested it myself and it didn’t work… :frowning:
But thanks for the help anyway! :wink:

And if anyone out there can give me a hand on this, I would really appreciate it! :smiley:
Thanks in advance… :wink:

Anyone?! :rolleyes:

which game are you trying to copy

I’m not trying to copy it! :mad:
In fact, I can play it without any problem! :smiley:
What I’m trying to do is to crack it! :o

Anyway, it’s called “Viper M1”!
You probably never heard about it because it’s a rare game…
So, there’s no “No-CD crack” avaliable for it… :frowning:
And that’s why I want to crack it! :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, somewhere, I think there is a generic unpacker for Securom New - Try www.cdmediaworld.com/cd_protections.htm, I think that they have later versions of UnSecurom there

Originally posted by AtomicX
Well, somewhere, I think there is a generic unpacker for Securom New - Try www.cdmediaworld.com/cd_protections.htm, I think that they have later versions of UnSecurom there

Nope… :confused:
The first, last and only version of UnSecurom is 1.0 …
There are no more avaliable versions of it… :frowning:

But no worries!
I already found out a way to crack it “manually”! :smiley:

Thanks for the help, anyway! :wink:

whats the way can u elaborate…
can i use that for securom v7.24.0008?

It might be awhile before you get a response :wink:
The last post by the user was January 2002 :wink: