Help on DW-d26a, -1673s

vbimport

Ok, I know very little about firmware…

The reason I have found this site is because dvd-shrink is only ripping dvds at around 2000 kb/s. After some message’s in their forum I was told that this drive, along with many others, may be rip-protected and that is limiting my ripspeed. I was told a firmware upgrade could solve my problem. I flashed the drive with the sony firmware from code guys. It did not seem to fix my problem. Still ripping around 2000 kb/s.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Is the drive rip-protected? Has anyone experienced what I have? Any help is appreciated?

Welcome to cdfreaks :slight_smile:

You need to use the OmniPatcher’s read speed patch (DVD-DL = 12x or 14x) on the firmware to unlock the drives ripping abilities. Also make sure your DMA is enabled and your system and HDD are fast enough to allow faster ripping.

Welcome to cdfreaks :slight_smile:

You need to use the OmniPatcher’s read speed patch (DVD-DL = 12x or 14x) on the firmware to unlock the drives ripping abilities. Also make sure your DMA is enabled and your system and HDD are fast enough to allow faster ripping.

oK, can you be a little more specfic about what to do with Omnipatcher? I dloaded the omnipatcher app and looked at the firmware before I ran it, I didnt change anything in it…Sinse I really dont have a clue about what Im doing.

As far as the hard drive and cpu what speeds are needed to rip over 2000 kb/s?

I do have the drive setup as DMA enabled under device manager.

Thank you for the help!

OK, are you talking about the last tab in the omnipatcher? At the bottom at has the read speads and they are set as follows.

16x,8x,8x,8x,6x

The second is the dvd-dl tab, You are suggesting I change this to 12 or 14x to fix the problem?

Yes, that would help. And as suggested, you should also check to make sure that DMA is turned on:
[thread]101616[/thread]

I got nothing here.

Everything is dma, Harddrives and dvdrw

Did the sony flash update from code guys and set the -dl to 14x.

None of it matters, still ripping at <2300 kb/s

Everything I have read says these drives arnt riplocked

Im dying at 1.5 hours to rip a dvd, can anyone help?

Thanks

reads more carefully

Oh, you’re using DVD-Shrink? As in, you’re shrinking while ripping? Okay, then the problem is that your CPU isn’t fast enough because shrinking takes a lot of CPU power. This is normal, then.

Thanks for the reply code65536.

While my cpu isnt blazing. @ 1.9 ghz with 512 ram I was under the impression I should be ripping faster than I am. Friends with older dvdr are ripping around 4000-6000 kb/s

hoots711, with a 2.0Ghz P4 to a 5400rpm drive, I can get 3500-4500kb/s using DVD-DL set to 14x read speeds :wink:

Edit: And that’s transcoding with DVD-Shrink…