Help! now my Nero don't work right after a firmware upgrade!

Ok, this is what I did, I flashed my firmware on my creative cdrw and made it a samsung so it is compatable with clone cd, and the flash was successful and I burned back-ups of UT2003 that actually work now. Anyway my problem is now that I have done that my copy of Nero that came with my “creative” cdrw now only runs in a demo mode and says I need to either enter a cd key from my original cd or purchase the full version within 30 days because it is for creative drives and now recognizes my drive as a samsung, and the “demo” works just fine too!
So what do I do now? buy another full copy of Nero which I already own since it came with my original “creative” drive and had no cd key? If so I think that is a bunch of crap. :confused:

I do not know what to tell you… maybe try modifying your firmware…

You can purchase an upgrade to the retail version for $20 at www.nero.com. Or, as dhc014 suggested, you could modify the ID string of your drive so it shows up as a Creative drive.

-Scott

Originally posted by sonyman

Or, as dhc014 suggested, you could modify the ID string of your drive so it shows up as a Creative drive.

dhc014 did suggest to modify the firmware

Originally posted by BoSkin
dhc014 did suggest to modify the firmware

Ain’t that the truth?

Yes, I fully agree with you - no kidding this time :bigsmile: :wink:

I fixed it, thanks