HELP.... NEW Problem

This is my new nightmare just started last night!!

Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is a security feature that can help prevent damage to your computer from viruses and other security threats. Harmful programs can try to attack Windows by attempting to run (also known as execute) code from system memory locations reserved for Windows and other authorized programs. These types of attacks can harm your programs and files.

DEP can help protect your computer by monitoring your programs to make sure that they use system memory safely. If DEP notices a program on your computer using memory incorrectly, it closes the program and notifies you.

[QUOTE=bigg_dawg69;2309199]This is my new nightmare just started last night!!

Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is a security feature that can help prevent damage to your computer from viruses and other security threats. Harmful programs can try to attack Windows by attempting to run (also known as execute) code from system memory locations reserved for Windows and other authorized programs. These types of attacks can harm your programs and files.

DEP can help protect your computer by monitoring your programs to make sure that they use system memory safely. If DEP notices a program on your computer using memory incorrectly, it closes the program and notifies you.[/QUOTE]

And your nightmare is…??

OC

:slight_smile:

dvdfab adds itself to the DEP list :confused: shouldnt be a problem

The problem that everytime I start DVDFAB this program closes it…I followed all instructions to disable it but still closes the program HELP

[QUOTE=bigg_dawg69;2309421]The problem that everytime I start DVDFAB this program closes it…I followed all instructions to disable it but still closes the program HELP[/QUOTE]

OK…now we’ll need some info to attempt to answer your question.

Assuming you are using a PC, and some form of Windows (if I’m wrong, please correct me…) exactly what form of Windows are you using? Service Pack?

What version of DVDFab are you talking about?

Do you have any other disc copying software on your system? And is it running in the background when you try to start DVDFab?

This will give us a start point…

OC

[QUOTE=bigg_dawg69;2309421]The problem that everytime I start DVDFAB this program closes it…I followed all instructions to disable it but still closes the program HELP[/QUOTE]

If DEP is closing DVDFab then check to see if DVDFab is in the DEP exception list with a check mark next to it and also make sure that there is a tick mark next to the setting [B]“Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select”[/B]

If you are running Vista Home Prem and the above suggestion doesn’t work then try doing the following…
Right click on the DVDFab icon located on the desktop and select “Properties” now click on the “Compatibility” tab and at the very bottom under “Privilege Levl” place a check mark in the box next to [B]“Run this program as an administrator”[/B]

SJ :cool:

Try what StormJumper posted I think you will find the same posted in the linked topic.Also some suggestions by me on how to disable DEP.
Neither fixed the problem for the OP.

Give this topic a read:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-not-working-vista-278481/

This is what worked for that topics starter(OP):
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-not-working-vista-278481/#post2302662

[QUOTE=OCanada;2309477]OK…now we’ll need some info to attempt to answer your question.

Assuming you are using a PC, and some form of Windows (if I’m wrong, please correct me…) exactly what form of Windows are you using? Service Pack?

What version of DVDFab are you talking about?

Do you have any other disc copying software on your system? And is it running in the background when you try to start DVDFab?

This will give us a start point…

OC

:)[/QUOTE]

I run Vista…DVDFAB 6.0.2.2 no other disc copying software…
I went into the system and Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select"
and have a check mark on DVDFAB…I will try what Stormjumper posted.

But then my question would be why would this happen now, I have used DVDFAB on this CPU for the last year and a half with never a problem. I copied The Haunting in Conn just fine went to do Horsemen and the error happened.

[QUOTE=bigg_dawg69;2309540]…But then my question would be why would this happen now, I have used DVDFAB on this CPU for the last year and a half with never a problem. I copied The Haunting in Conn just fine went to do Horsemen and the error happened.[/QUOTE]
Does this occur only with “Horseman”?

Please [I][B]Disable PathPlayer[/B][/I],
close Fab…and then re-open Fab and give “Horseman” another shot

It will do it with out a disc in to copy its the software and looks like another post today about the samething by cart_racer

[QUOTE=bigg_dawg69;2309588]It will do it with out a disc in to copy its the software and looks like another post today about the samething by cart_racer[/QUOTE]

Similar… but the same?? We’ll see…is your system 32 bit or 64 bit?

Have you tried the solution that cart-racer tried - loading and using Imgburn, instead of the VSO engine in Fab??

Did you try what Maineman suggested?

Did it work?

Please advise.

OC