Help Nero6.3.1.25 Plextor 708a 1.08

vbimport

I DOWN LOADED NERO 6.3.1.25 LAST NITE. NOW MY PLEXTOR 708A FIRM 1.08 TAKES OVER 1 HOUR TO BURN DVD 4.7.UNTILL NERO UPDATE NO PROBLEMS. WINDOWS XP SP2. HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED THIS PROBLEM. IF SO PLEASE HELP WITH FIXES. THANK YOU. :confused: :confused:

Please do not SHOUT, switch off your Caps Lock.

Make sure the drive is in DMA mode. After flashing the firmware it will sometimes change.

Yes, please donโ€™t shout with CAPS on, itโ€™s hard to read. Just like this:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RESULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIFIC STUDY COMBINED WITH THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS.

How many letter โ€œFโ€ in the text above?

3?

Wrong, there are 6!

how about just telling him how to enable the 708A drive to DMA mode instead of telling him to stop yelling! :rolleyes:

WINDOWS XP SP2. HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED THIS PROBLEM. IF SO PLEASE HELP WITH FIXES. THANK YOU

the link below will show you how to enable DMA with your 708A drive.
http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9668

Thank you for the reply I tried to enable the DMA. but it will not change back. Any other sugestions.

Right click the IDE Channel the CD ROM is on, and uninstall it. Reboot, then set it to DMA and you should be fine.

I once also had this problem. Uninstalling didnโ€™t help. I had to swap master and slave device to get it fixed. Then swapped back again and it works fine.

Thank you for the information I had to swap drives from salve to master It worked. thanks again.