HELP! Nero/Lite-on problems!

:sad: I have been burning DVD’s with Nero 6 for the longest until two days ago. I messed up my default programs priority by adding Music Match and even though I uninstalled all of that I have been advised to, Nero still will burn DVD’s anymore. CD’s work fine but not DVD’s. The drive stalls and clicks after it spins up and takes forever to lead-in and lead-out (almost two hours for a small set of VTS files), then the disc is unreadable (PC & DVD player). I did a clean uninstall of Nero and still the same problem. I cannot update my firmware because I am unfortunately using a discontinued piece of garbage Lite-on SOHW-832S “VTS” that neither e-machines nor Lite-on will support. I usually burn through AnyDVD/DVDFab/DVDShrink/Nero with over 200 DVD’s burned and only a 5% coaster rate until yesterday. I have also tried burning with AnyDVD/CloneDVD, same problem :Z . Please help, I am realy going nuts over this as I use my burner almost every day. Is it Nero, firmware, or burner burnt out? I am really willing to buy a new burner but I don’t want to have it installed for nothing if Nero is the problem or if I can work around the firmware somehow. Thanx for all help.

Will the drive read a commercially pressed dvd? If not, it is likely that the laser for the DVD is gone. It is a pretty old drive!

Hey Harley2Ride:
This is the most puzzling part. The drive reads commercial CD’s perfectly. It just won’t write blank DVD’s now as of two days ago after I downloaded MusicMatch, uninstalled it , and clean installed Nero. Commercial CD’s play fine on PowerDVD and Nero Showtime. It even plays my previously burned CD’s perfectly, it just won’t record anything. Any ideas?

Try for a system restore if possible. :wink:

hey this doesnt really involve your post but i was wondering if you know how to mod an xbox? please help

That’s really too extreme of an option, I’d rather rip out the drive than do that.

Sorry I thought you meant a complete windows system reinstallation. I have already done a sytem restore back to before the date I installed MusicMatch and it only made thigs worse. That’s when Nero had me do the clean install and it has been downhill since then.

Totally unrelated & hence totally inappropriate. Please read the forums rules.
Please post this question in the console forum, or the newbie forum.

System restore will hopefully fix the issue, so long as it’s not a hardware issue.