Help Nero 7.2.0.3B issue

I use Nero Vision to encode my 700Mb AVI’s to DVD…
Now since installing the Newer 7.2.0.3B version…
It make the output DVD file 4.7GB in size and therefore won’t fit on my standard dvd’s…
I can’t seem to figure out why it does this…
My older version of Nero works great except when encoding the 700Mb AVI to dvd it always auto shrinks it down in size to like 3.3Gb dvd…
This version of Nero is supposed to utilize all the free space on you standard dvd…

There seems to be a bug in the 7.2.x versions that makes the output too large. Go into video options and change the quality setting to standard or long play or custom, instead of automatic(fit to disc).

What does the graph on the bottom show in NV4, are you going past the red line? You may not be able to make the file that large. And yes, the newer Nero versions seem to have a problem with .avi files as was mentioned.

I am going to start encouraging folks having problems to make sure and contact Nero about them. Even though their response may be slow, at least they would get a sense of some of the problems.

If it comes out too large you can always compress it slightly with DVD Shrink. This might give you better quality than reducing the quality within Nero & getting something less than 4gb in size.

bingo! this is my course of action regardless of whether nero works in compressing or not. output it to the image recorder as FULL size…do not tell nero to compress. then open the image in dvd shrink to compress with (what i consider) the superior transcoding engine.

this doesn’t solve the problem of NVE not working correctly, but it’s a good work around if it is in fact a problem on nero’s end.