A:PS2 game disc have 2 types
A. PS2 CD
- 1. Put your PS2 disc into source cd-rom/dvd-rom. Then Using Alcohol 120% Image Making Wizard.
- 2. Please choose datatype as Playstation 2, then starting making image file.
- 3. If you have writer, you can burn this image file to cd-r. But please pay attention to you must choose datatype as Playstation 2.
B. PS2 DVD(Only Some PS2 DVD Game Discs are protected by CSS if your disc does not have this protection skip to -2a)
- 1. Alcohol 120% doesn't support DeCSS function, so you must use another software to DeCSS(like DVD Decrypter).
Put your PS2 DVD DISC into your DVD-ROM, then running DVD Decryptor, choose source DVD-ROM as that you put PS2 DVD disc into. Ok, you can close DVD Decryptor, because DVD Decryptor has DeCSS this Disc.
- 2. After DeCSS,-2a please use Alcohol 120% Image Making Wizard to make image file.(You don't choose any Datatype)
- 3. If you haveDVD-R/DVD+RW writer, you can burn the image to DVD-R/DVD+R/DVD+RW/DVD-RW Disc.
(PS. PS2 only support DVD-R/DVD+R/DVD+RW/DVD-RW(only newer PS2 mode) media, and PlayStation2 SCPH-30000 mode or newer mode has better ability of reading DVD-R/DVD+R/DVD+RW/DVD-RW media.)
Notice: If you want to play backup ps2 disc on your ps2, your ps2 must have been modified.
The primary copy protection on a Sony PlayStation uses bad blocks on the CD. Most consumer CD recorders automatically fix a bad block before writing it to the CD-R. The PlayStation searches for the bad blocks and won't run the game if they exist.
As a secondary protection, all games are manufactured with a country code. If the country code on the game doesn't match that of the PlayStation, the game won't load
You can play a backup game on earlier versions of the PlayStation by first booting with an original PlayStation disk, then swapping it for the backup.
The only other way to play a non-working backup is to modify the PlayStation so that you fool it into thinking the backup has the proper country code and bad blocks.