Help Needed With Toshiba Ts-l802a Hd-dvd Rom

vbimport

hi guys. i have a toshiba laptop with hd-dvd rom (TS-L802A) which came with the firmware version TO33. i normally use imgburm to burn any movies using verbatim dvd -r. recently i bought TY dvd-r & after that was having problem while verifying the burn in imgburn. so went to imgburn forum & someone suggested to upgrade my firmware to TO35 which i did. but was still having the same problem. so i went back to verbatims again but this time started to have problems with them too. was trying to revert back to firmware TO33 but couldnt. playing with these firmwares, i changed my firmware to TF32. now i cant go back to TO35 or any other firmware. is there any possible way i can change it to TO35 or any other stable firmware? thnx in advance and waiting for helpful reply.

Which flasher allowed you to crossflash?

[QUOTE=chef;2111041]Which flasher allowed you to crossflash?[/QUOTE]

i just downloaded the firmware from backfire.rpc1.org, downloaded the firmware & double clicked it. then it said firmware will change from TO35 to TF32. just did it like that & it was done. though my hd-dvd is working ok, but not with imgburn (now im using dvdfab to burn my dvd). should i go back 2 original firmware? if yes, how? thnx for the reply.

TF* is not a suitable firmware for your drive!
You need to re-flash with a TO* firmware.

[QUOTE=chef;2111475]TF* is not a suitable firmware for your drive!
You need to re-flash with a TO* firmware.[/QUOTE]

thnx chef for the reply. how can i do that? i have the firmware TO35 downloaded, but how can install that? when i click that firmware, it says nothing to upgrade from TF32 to TO35, update is not available… the firmware is as exe file. can u help me with that pls chef? thnx.

Is the .exe file just a package?
Try to unpck with winrar, winzip and 7zip.

[QUOTE=chef;2112390]Is the .exe file just a package?
Try to unpck with winrar, winzip and 7zip.[/QUOTE]

hi chef, thnx again for ur reply. it’s already unpacked. when i double click it, a window opens which says “Firmware update utility for DVD/HD DVD.” asks if i agree with the terms & conditions. when i click agree another window opens which gives me the drive name and firmware version installed & below that it says "update information, update is not available. bottom of this window there are 2 buttons. 1. update start (which is unclickable) 2. cancel.

now im lost mate. what should i do?

any help mate? specially to Chef?

Sorry, no solution yet.