Help needed with Nero media player

Hi,

I’ve been using Nero 7 for some time now but hate the look of the show time player that comes with Nero7, i recently was at a friends house and he has Nero 6.3 with media player 1.4 which is a cool looking hi-fi in silver, as i hate the show time skin soooooo much i decided that i’d download the 1.4 media player which also plays his flac files as well BTW can you help me with that plug-in as well, anyhow i’ve downloaded the media player but as soon as i attempt to install it it stops me, saying that it has detected a
more recent version on my p.c , what i’d like to know is how to get the cool looking media player and be able to play my flac files, can i do this without
downgrading to Nero 6??

BTW Nero show time…are there alternative skins, i don’t mean colours i mean something that looks more stylish…

yeah 3 colors did ya try nero site ? I believe they have some addons available. STEVE

[QUOTE=davidpower3@tisca;1926878]Hi,

I’ve been using Nero 7 for some time now but hate the look of the show time player that comes with Nero7, i recently was at a friends house and he has Nero 6.3 with media player 1.4 which is a cool looking hi-fi in silver, as i hate the show time skin soooooo much i decided that i’d download the 1.4 media player which also plays his flac files as well BTW can you help me with that plug-in as well, anyhow i’ve downloaded the media player but as soon as i attempt to install it it stops me, saying that it has detected a
more recent version on my p.c , what i’d like to know is how to get the cool looking media player and be able to play my flac files, can i do this without
downgrading to Nero 6??

BTW Nero show time…are there alternative skins, i don’t mean colours i mean something that looks more stylish…[/QUOTE]

Can Nobody help me?, Am i a lost Cause?, Is this the end of Civilisation as we know it?..I can’t believe i’m the only one to hate the look of “Show Time”, are there any other options, i’m currently using Monkey Media to play my Flac files, seems to be o.k, can anyone advise me on either Nero
media player or Media Monkey.

do a google search ‘nero showtime skins’ theres really no skins available but only different colors.

vlc is a much nicer player in my opinion. there are some cool skins but i use the default. it will play anything you want.

download vlc

vlc features

vlc skins

troy

[QUOTE=troy512;1928593]do a google search ‘nero showtime skins’ theres really no skins available but only different colors.

vlc is a much nicer player in my opinion. there are some cool skins but i use the default. it will play anything you want.

download vlc

vlc features

vlc skins

troy[/QUOTE]

Thanks Troy,

Can’t believe the only skin for Nero is soooooo crap, especially when software like winamp has so many skins to choose from.
Thanks for the Vlc links, i’ve had it recommended to me before.
I’m toying with the idea of sticking with media monkey.
Thanks again …

David.

media monkey has alot of cool features. i dont have a big enough music library, but if i did i would definetly try it out.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/product.htm

edit//i see my ‘google search’ link from the last post did not work:rolleyes: