Help needed with laptop triple-monitor setup, HDMI and mini-displayport outlets, basic vs heavy-duty GPU and to which screens. :s

vbimport

OK, I have a Dell L521X with a GeForce GT 640M graphics card. I usually always have a dual screen set-up via HDMI-out to my 720p TV, but as I had an old flatscreen monitor lying around and a mini-displayport on the laptop, I decided to get a cable to connect via the mini-displayport into old monitor’s DVI slot to give me triple monitor setup.

During configuration and customisation in the Nvidia control panel, the 640M handles the little old monitor whereas the basic Intel card caters to the laptop and TV - THIS CANNOT BE CHANGED (pic below), so in a triple monitor setup, the mini-displayport ALWAYS handles the signal for the beefy card. I know that the 640M kicks in for gaming and stuff but as I use the TV for multimedia and alot is going on - currently all handled the basic Intel GPU - would it be better getting a cable for the HDMI output on my laptop to go to the little old monitor instead of the TV and a cable for the mini-displayport to go to the TV instead of the monitor, making everything that happens on the TV screen being handled by the GPU?

Although the HD 4000 should be enough for video output,I would definitely try to setup the 640M with the TV…:iagree:

OK, time to order some cables then!

OK, I have a bit of a problem…

When my laptop was hooked via HDMI to the HDTV, the Intel settings allowed me to adjust the screen borders as it didn’t fit properly (pic below - Horizontal and Vertical Scaling).

I can’t seem to find anything similar in the Nvidia Control Panel… can anyone more familiar with it suggest what I may need to do to set things right in it?