[ Help needed ] Windows Vista doesn't boot correctly

vbimport

Hello,

a friend of mine is experiencing serious problems with his Windows Vista operating system.

In short, the OS needs to be reinstalled and the HDD formatted because Vista no longer boots.

The major issue is that he needs a way to save his data, and this is a real problem because safe boot, recovery and diagnostics do not work.

I am thinking about using Norton Ghost, but my question is: how do I create a bootable CD with it ?

Thanks in advance!

Have you tried fixing the boot record

http://www.troublefixers.com/unable-to-boot-in-windows-vista-windows-boot-configuration-data-file-is-missing-required-information/

Is the disk having trouble or is it just the OS? If its just the OS i would pop out the HDD and either slave it in or easier plug it into a external then plug it into your computer and brows to the files you need.

Hi,[QUOTE=Tyreksionibus;2482671]
The major issue is that he needs a way to save his data, and this is a real problem because safe boot, recovery and diagnostics do not work.
[/QUOTE]Get a Linux Lve CD/DVD, boot from that and use it to backup the data to an external drive.

Michael

[QUOTE=glamdring92;2482707]Is the disk having trouble or is it just the OS? If its just the OS i would pop out the HDD and either slave it in or easier plug it into a external then plug it into your computer and brows to the files you need.[/QUOTE]

The major issue is that the laptop is a SONY VAIO and the disk is internal, in the sense that removing and making it external is not really easy.

@Tyreksionibus , mciahel is suggesting you use a different external harddrive to backup the data to.Not the one in your laptop.

Check the manual often you can remove the CD/DVD drive and under it you can get to the HDD.

Yeah if not i would boot into another OS and back it all up.