Help needed to fix cd and dvd drive issues

Hi… I’ve had a problem with my pc for 2 weeks now in that a trojan virus got into my system and corrupted my dvd drive, my cd drive and my trident display adapter.

I have used various malware products over the past 2 weeks and the trojan is now clear from my system… However, the drives and adapter still don’t work and i hope somebody cn help me fix them.

the error messages i get on device manager are as follows:

cd drive (LITE-ON LTR-52246S) and dvd drive (LITE-ON DVD SOHD-167T) :

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

display adapter (Trident Video Accelerator Blade 3D/ProMedia) :

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

If there is any more information you need to help me solve this problem, please just ask and i will get back to you.
also, if this is the wrong forum to use, can you please direct me to somewhere that may be able to help…

this problem has been bugging me for ages now and i would be really grateful if you could help me out!!

Try removing the drive in Device Manager and restart the computer to have Windows reinstall it.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=dalglish1;2114592]
cd drive (LITE-ON LTR-52246S) and dvd drive (LITE-ON DVD SOHD-167T) :

[B]Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)[/B][/QUOTE]

Regarding the Code 39 error. You’ll need to remove your upper/lower filters.

Go here if you have XP.
Go here if you have Vista.

I recommend backing up your registry or setting a system restore point before you start.

Regarding your graphics card problem, that may be better addressed in our General Hardware forum. :wink:

The best way I’ve found to eradicate viruses, spyware & malware apps is by reinstalling the operating system.

Sure, this takes time but in the long run, nothing else is as sure-fire of a method.

superhero