Help needed Desperately with my New Liteon 52X

vbimport

Hi

I have just got a new Liteon 52X24X52X

But there seems to be some probs

the firmware is outdated should I update it to new one
R526S0C

Need advice also my Liteon CDRW does not defeat Safedisc 2.x and securom :a or am i wrong what should i do

I have latest softwares

Alcohol 120%, CloneCD 4.2.0.2, Nero 5.5.10.15a and Blindwrite 4.3 none of them seem to defeat these protection

Read Errors
Safedisc 2.x
Securom

Help me please …! :confused:

I advise you to update your burner’s firmware.
Even with an older firmware your burner is able to backup SafeDisc 2 protected titles. I use Alcohol 120% and my burner works fine with SafeDisc 2.

In alcohol, just use the default SD-2 profile, it works fine here.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
In alcohol, just use the default SD-2 profile, it works fine here.

Ok now i found what version of Firmware version which i have got

Here is the image

This was the info which i found in liteon official site

CD-RW Firmware Download How to upgrade firmware
LTR-52246S ( 52X/24X/52X ) CD-RW Firmware
File name Run Under Size Date Description
R526S0C.zip Windows 480KB 2003/01/27 Match more media
R526S0A.zip Windows 476KB 2003/01/03 Match more media
R526S07.zip Windows 476KB 2002/12/04 Match more media
R526S02 — --- — 1st Version

now should i upgrade my firmware version to R526S0C

I will not updated until i get any experts reply bcoz i dont want to take risc with my new burner

Please help :confused:

The firmware update won’t hurt anything, most of us here are using the latest, (6S0C). But this will not have any affect on your ability to copy SD-2. I’ve copied SD-2 with all of them.
Are you using the 52x drive to read and burn the disc?

Originally posted by rdgrimes
The firmware update won’t hurt anything, most of us here are using the latest, (6S0C). But this will not have any affect on your ability to copy SD-2. I’ve copied SD-2 with all of them.
Are you using the 52x drive to read and burn the disc?

Ok i’ve updated the firmware but still

My drive doesnt defeat

Safedisc 2.x
Securom
Read Errors etc., :eek:

What could be wrong ? any helps

I used Alcohol 120%

and setting for safedisc 2.x but still doesnt seem to defeat

how do i check how many clone can my Liteon CDRW can do :confused:

i’ve copied safedisc 2.x perfectly fine using my 52246S (6S0C) and alcohol. maybe the problem is not with ur drive but with alcohol, in which case u can try contacting them for support. also, u haven’t really answered rdgrimes’ question about whether u’re using the 52246S to read the discs.

Originally posted by AZImmortal
i’ve copied safedisc 2.x perfectly fine using my 52246S (6S0C) and alcohol. maybe the problem is not with ur drive but with alcohol, in which case u can try contacting them for support. also, u haven’t really answered rdgrimes’ question about whether u’re using the 52246S to read the discs.

Yes i use 52246S for reading

Safedisc 2.x and other Read errors Cd’s

I even tried to dump an image at lower speed still it gives me read errors ?

Can someone tell me about plex CD-writers may be i can exchange liteon 52x for a plex

should i go for a plex Recorder / Toshiba /Yamaha or any other good recorder which defeats the latest protections like

Securom 4.x
Safedisc 2.x
Read errors

Please reply me soon i need to replace my cd-writer soon

Will be greatful if the experts reply :bow:

The LiteOn copies all the protected discs as well as any of the others, better in many cases. Suggest you have a good read over at the Alcohol forum

No I still cannot copy

SD2.x and higher
Securom and securom 4 or higher
Read errors

it looks like duplicate hardware but if so how come i’ve able to update the firmware ?

Shall I go for a Plex 48x recorder as liteon 52 x is not working out for me i even tried to dump the image at 1x speed still didnt work out :frowning:

Any suggestions please :confused:

I think the problem is, he’s seeing the “read errors” and thinking that there’s a problem.
The read errors are normal. Just let the software do it’s thing, and trust it. Don’t be afraid of read errors, even if there are LOTS of them… it’s normal. :smiley:

Jip, i agree with JT Postal on that one :o

May be i can post some of the logs for which i’ve have tested

it will be clear to everyone

I’ll do that and post the logs tomorrow :rolleyes: