Help! Need to find the "simplistic interface" looks like a Xerox machine

[QUOTE=signals;2408261]The new version of DVDFab can be made to look more simple using the Customize UI controls. (See below) and still work with Vista and handle all the new encryptions. If this look is simple enough but you don’t want to do it yourself, I can send you a file that will provide it just by copying it to the proper directory.[/QUOTE]

and you can remove the other options from even showing by doing a little edit to the uictl_customize. so only main movie and full disc show.

all the user interface options are memorized, so no need to even change anything if not wanted. just click start. as for fengtao making a more simple version, i dont think this should happen, hes put alot of time into user requesting making dvdfab have all the features it has, now we are requesting to remove them.

with custome UI and memerize user interface, dvdfab is truly only one click.

i can make a new version of autodvdfab, that could open a popup window with dvdfab minimized, just click a GIANT button that says “click this button to copy your dvd”. no other buttons or options available, or i can even set a timer which would atomatically start the rip for you. with a windows that simply says

thanks for using dvdfab, your dvd is now being copied, have a nice day.

[QUOTE=cybmole;2408620]good try - but the old express screenshot is much better, if simplicity is what’s needed. I’d vote to bring it back as an interface option.

Ps maybe they decided that the express target market:
(eyesight still good enough to want to watch DVds but too bad to use a more detailed interface ) was too limited to bother with - shame as I could be in that segment in a few years time :D[/QUOTE]

Gosh, me too.

At first, I thought I’d found an answer with the Samsung LCD Tv’s display of 1360x768 (1080i). But now. . . those are going away and there’s new models coming out with 900 lines high, 1200 lines high, 1400 lines high, and all that really means is MUCH smaller print.

LCD monitors must be operated in their “native” resolution, or else the print of whatever size is fuzzy.

Sure, the Windows re-scaler can be set to “large” 120dpi; however, some of the new monitors still fail suggested U.S. government guidelines for humane size print (hours of operation verses eyestrain), and the re-scaler set above that point, tends to make some applications become incompatible.

The average consumer doesn’t know to request monitors with 768 line height for resolution (“width” x 768) in order to restrain windows from shrinking the print into oblivion.

This is the case with my in-laws. Their rather expensive large LCD monitor has more than 1400 lines height on its resolution, thus shrinking the print to half size.

Of course, the other costs of this excessive resolution involve slowing down the video card/chip considerably and also the PC gets quite the workout if it displays movies, and movies that are scaled up to that extent do lose sharpness.

So, I’d sure like to vote to bring back the optional express interface. . . as an option listed in the “Customize UI” section, and also listed during install.

To be quite honest, this thread is going nowhere.

Others have shown you how to do it, so either do that or forget it.

This forum is about Fab not monitors.

[QUOTE=GregiBoy;2409109]To be quite honest, this thread is going nowhere.

Others have shown you how to do it, so either do that or forget it.

This forum is about Fab not monitors.[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

The interface of DVDfab, when displayed on a higher resolution LCD panel, and operated by a basic end-user, is a dysfunctional combination at best. All of the print is small, there’s a great deal of it, and most of it is meaningless to non-experts.

Please try to imagine that the topic of this particular thread is the end-user interface of DVDfab.

The “suggestion” is adding a feature to switch the interface to “simple” mode for a more automated function thus providing greater success with end-users who either cannot see/recognize a horde of miniature print, or simply don’t have time to do in-depth research on the technical terms involved with DVD’s. Usually both of these caveats occur simultaneously.

[QUOTE=danielwritesback;2409111]The interface of DVDfab, when displayed on a higher resolution LCD panel, and operated by a basic end-user, is a dysfunctional combination at best. All of the print is small, there’s a great deal of it, and most of it is meaningless to non-experts.
.[/QUOTE]

When you have a high resolution LCD monitor and have the display set on 1024 x 768 pixels and above your print as you call it will be small and will get smaller as you increase the resolution, this is normal and is not a problem of DVDFab because you have control over your resolution so change it like I have done on mine :slight_smile:
Have you ever thought about changing the fonts :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2409142]When you have a high resolution LCD monitor and have the display set on 1024 x 768 pixels and above your print as you call it will be small and will get smaller as you increase the resolution, this is normal and is not a problem of DVDFab because you have control over your resolution so change it like I have done on mine :slight_smile:
Have you ever thought about changing the fonts :)[/QUOTE]

This is true of a CRT.
However, there’s a bad caveat with an LCD. Whenever it isn’t set on its “native” resolution, the print is unclear.
Thus, you don’t really have control over the resolution at all.
And when that native resolution is high, like the following selection, it increases the difficulty to read: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=Property&N=2010190020&PropertyCodeValue=1099%3A9240%2C1099%3A46725%2C1099%3A9237%2C1099%3A9238%2C1099%3A9242%2C1099%3A17865%2C1099%3A25153%2C1099%3A17843&bop=And&ActiveSearchResult=False&Pagesize=100

I hope that example helps illustrate part of the problem.
For the complete picture, combine “basic user” with one of those monitors and you get the picture–a very very small size picture chock full of techy disc terms. :wink:

And there is the point. Due to a combination of factors (a really popular combination of factors), the interface of DVDfab can “bluff” the basic user into believing that they couldn’t possibly use it.

[QUOTE=danielwritesback;2409166]This is true of a CRT.
However, there’s a bad caveat with an LCD. Whenever it isn’t set on its “native” resolution, the print is unclear.
Thus, you don’t really have control over the resolution at all.
And when that native resolution is high, like the following selection, it increases the difficulty to read: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=Property&N=2010190020&PropertyCodeValue=1099%3A9240%2C1099%3A46725%2C1099%3A9237%2C1099%3A9238%2C1099%3A9242%2C1099%3A17865%2C1099%3A25153%2C1099%3A17843&bop=And&ActiveSearchResult=False&Pagesize=100

I hope that example helps illustrate part of the problem.
For the complete picture, combine “basic user” with one of those monitors and you get the picture–a very very small size picture chock full of techy disc terms. :wink:

And there is the point. Due to a combination of factors (a really popular combination of factors), the interface of DVDfab can “bluff” the basic user into believing that they couldn’t possibly use it.[/QUOTE]

I have a 20" Hi Def widescreen LCD not a CRT and don’t have you issue, maybe something is wrong with your display driver :frowning:

SJ, I just tried it with my 22" Philips and I have no problem either.

BTW, I am an old fart, wear thick specs and I still run mine at 1680 x 1050 and have no problems with any program, especially Fab.

[QUOTE=GregiBoy;2409281]SJ, I just tried it with my 22" Philips and I have no problem either.

BTW, I am an old fart, wear thick specs and I still run mine at 1680 x 1050 and have no problems with any program, especially Fab.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. I couldn’t explain that one.
Maybe excellent luck with the glasses? Maybe you have a greater than average amount of experience or interest? :iagree:

The problem that I’m talking about happens only when its a combination of “looks like a tall order” along with “fine print”–both at the same time. SO, if it doesn’t look like a tall order to you, and you can see it nicely, then there’s no problem at all.

[QUOTE=GregiBoy;2409281]SJ, I just tried it with my 22" Philips and I have no problem either.

BTW, I am an old fart, wear thick specs and I still run mine at 1680 x 1050 and have no problems with any program, especially Fab.[/QUOTE]

Hey my friend I only have one eye with very low vision so my resolution is set at 960 x 600 :rolleyes:
but no deal here cause my videos still play normal :bigsmile: