Help...need to buy a copier/printer/scanner

I have no idea which to buy one to buy and hoping someone can tell me…It will be for printing and photocoping alot in black and white…Here are my choices…HP F4280 for $39…Lexmark X4650 wireless 3 in 1 printer for $49.97…EPSON all in one printer/scanner/copier (prints u to 5760 x 1440 dpi rsdolution and up to 34 pages per minute in colour) for $59.99…Thank you in advance for any suggestions

Epson scanners are very fast.

[QUOTE=puffball911;2476639]I have no idea which to buy one to buy and hoping someone can tell me…It will be for printing and photocoping alot in black and white…Here are my choices…HP F4280 for $39…Lexmark X4650 wireless 3 in 1 printer for $49.97…EPSON all in one printer/scanner/copier (prints u to 5760 x 1440 dpi rsdolution and up to 34 pages per minute in colour) for $59.99…Thank you in advance for any suggestions[/QUOTE]

Are you limiting it to just inkjet or color laser multi units as well?? I find that a inkjet is good for picture prints while for the money a color laser printer/scanner/copier/fax would be a good investment in the long term. I bought my samsung color laser and it has worked out well for me. But I got it when newegg had a steep discount on it and now it is back to close original price. I bought it when it was only 210 and not it is back to almost 400 US$. But you can read more about it there on newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16828112111

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

My first All-in-One was a Lexmark, and I was pretty fond of it - nice and fast with good print quality. I recently inherited my mum’s old Lexmark X2350 AIO as well, another good unit.

I also have an HP PhotoSmart C4480 AIO - again, great print quality (even with the “everyday use” inks, as opposed to the photo carts)…but Lexmark or Epson software blows HP’s software out of the water. :wink:

That very true about lasers — inkjets are just terrible to work with. Only some of the very best high-end photo inkjets are okay, but even those can be a hassle.

I can print photos on a Minolta color laser, and it still looks better than many home inkjets. Long-term costs are lower too.

I would make sure the printer doesn’t use a tri-color cartridge, a cartridge where all of the colors are in one cartridge. The reason you don’t want this is if you run out of one color you have to throw the whole cartridge away and waste ink. I believe all Epsons use individual inks so i would go with the Epson personally. Be careful of really inexpensive printers, sometimes they’re not the most ink efficient. Some manufacturers would give you a printer for free because they make most of their money off of the ink. Also,I’ve heard really bad things about the lower priced Lexmarks using a lot of ink.