Help! need help with Dungeon Siege

ok, first of all i’m a n00b. so - WAAAZZ UUUP! :slight_smile:
second of all, i just tried to make a back up of Dungeon Siege and it copied perfectly using clone cd 4.0.0.1 (latest version) but won’t install from the backup copy.
what am i doing wrong that is preventing it from installing? do i need to use a certain profile from the list? i already downloaded them but when i backed up the first and second disc i used the regular game cd profile that came with the clone cd 4 and i also had the hide cd media checked as well.

any suggestions?
-ps i already used the search function and couldn’t really find much info.
thanks.
:smiley:
also i’m using a brand new lite-on 48125w as my burner and a asus 52X cd rom as my reader.

I believe that Dungeon Siege contains Securom, try CD Mate, you should be fine.

Originally posted by CCDKing
I believe that Dungeon Siege contains Securom, try CD Mate, you should be fine.
well i just found out that although the log showed the back ups as having no errors and were both perfect copies, they wouldn’t load from the asus reader that they were read from while burning. kind of strange i guess?? so i tried to load the game from my back ups using the lite-on 48125w burner instead of the asus 52x, AND IT WORKED!
so i guess it was all sort of a false alarm.
and possibly if one would use the regular game cd profile in clone cd 4 then it should load and run fine, just as long as they load it from the original writer that it was backed up on instead of the reader. it worked for me.
and thanks for the reply, CCDKing.
:cool:

I have backedup the Game and the Game is protected with some sort of Hybrid or Alternative Safe Disk by Macrovision .

The Game is a Microsoft release and to the best of my knowledge MS having a contract with Macrovision has never used Securom (Sony) protection on their titles.

You can choose the Safe disk/1/2 profile which is just turning on the Fast Error Skip (FES) On and noting else when you are reading and when writing default Clone CD would do fine.

Another Important thing that you have forgot to mention is what kind of burner do you have.

If it happens to be the one of the Liteons then it would pay off settings the error correction method to (hardware) in the settings Tab for the burner. Unfortuneatley even the latest version of Clone still does not chose the correct error correction method relevant to some of the burners that have this ability on their hardware, i.e. Liteon. Hence this setting has to be changed manually.

This way the FES works faster as the errors on the disk gets corrected by the chipset in the burner and does not have to rely on the software which would be very slow in comparision.

Yep, it’s protected by a safedisc hybrid but, strangely, only disc 1 is protected and the game will run fine from disc 2 from a desktop shortcut (though it won’t autorun from that disc).

Another oddity of this very weak protection is that the bad sectors only go from about sector 800 to about 1500 and not to about 10200 as is normal for safedisc. Accordingly, it doesn’t take very long to read the first cd.

Originally posted by PaRaDoX
[B]I have backedup the Game and the Game is protected with some sort of Hybrid or Alternative Safe Disk by Macrovision .

The Game is a Microsoft release and to the best of my knowledge MS having a contract with Macrovision has never used Securom (Sony) protection on their titles.

You can choose the Safe disk/1/2 profile which is just turning on the Fast Error Skip (FES) On and noting else when you are reading and when writing default Clone CD would do fine.

Another Important thing that you have forgot to mention is what kind of burner do you have.

If it happens to be the one of the Liteons then it would pay off settings the error correction method to (hardware) in the settings Tab for the burner. Unfortuneatley even the latest version of Clone still does not chose the correct error correction method relevant to some of the burners that have this ability on their hardware, i.e. Liteon. Hence this setting has to be changed manually.

This way the FES works faster as the errors on the disk gets corrected by the chipset in the burner and does not have to rely on the software which would be very slow in comparision. [/B]
yeah, i’m using a brand new lite-on 48125w as my burner and a asus 52X cd rom as my reader.

thanks for the tip on changing the error correction setting to hardware. it took me a while to find where that setting actually was (i was looking through the control panel, and right clicking on the E: disc icon in My Computer etc…). then i finally realized you were talking about the clone cd program lol!:confused:

Originally posted by philamber
[B]Yep, it’s protected by a safedisc hybrid but, strangely, only disc 1 is protected and the game will run fine from disc 2 from a desktop shortcut (though it won’t autorun from that disc).

Another oddity of this very weak protection is that the bad sectors only go from about sector 800 to about 1500 and not to about 10200 as is normal for safedisc. Accordingly, it doesn’t take very long to read the first cd. [/B]
yeah, they burned pretty quickly (especially the sceoned disc) and i can run the game with disk 1 from the asus 52x reader. but it will only install from my lite-on 48125w.
the cool thing about it is i had no bad sectors or errors while backing it up (according to the clone cd4 log), and i copied it on the fly as well.
so it looks as though everything went perfect after all.
:smiley: