HELP! Need Driver for "HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4040B"

vbimport

My XP suddenly stopped detecting my DVD writer (model above). I went to device manager and the error was “Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)”

I am unable to find this driver anywhere! Please help!!!

there are no drivers for it. Windows detects cd drives natively.

Try uninstalling all cd/dvd burning software. this includes… Easy Cd Creator, Directcd, Nero, Incd, SonicMydvd, clonecd etc.

You can install em one at a time till it works. The thing is most of these programs install “extra” drivers which if they fail to load they cause the cdrom driver not to load correctly… hence your problem

tried that and still the same. i even replaced my dvd writer with a cd rom and it gives the same error. seems like some files are corrupted, but i don’t know which ones! HELP :frowning:

First, try uninstalling the drive from device manager. Then reboot and Windows should reinstall it automatically.

If that doesn’t work try uninstalling the entire IDE chain in the device manager (not primary or secondary but the entire chain). Then reboot and Windows should reinstall it automatically.

If neither of those worked perhaps this may help.

If Ssseth’s link seems too compicated for you, then this may help you.:slight_smile:

Good Luck!

[QUOTE=$CyBeRwIz$;596667]If Ssseth’s link seems too compicated for you, then this may help you.:slight_smile:

Good Luck![/QUOTE]
Awesome result. I too keep losing my cd/dvd every time I plug in an ipod nano and have usually had to do a system restore to get the cd back. This little exe worked in seconds. Thanks heaps.

Trotley