Help my LTR-40125S burns slower OCed then at orig speed

vbimport

I flashed my LTR-40125S to 48125w and it now is burning slower than 40x. I tried vso2 and vso6 f/w. With vso2 it burned 700 megs of data in 3:13 with a few errors and with vso6 it took 3:36 but didnt have any errors. Now that I flashed back to 40x with zsok I'm burning the same amount of data in 3:03 with no errors. I'm using TY 48x media so I'm not sure whats going on. When burning at 48x the burner seems to slow down about 3/4 of the way through the burn. Any help figuring this out would be much appreciated. The difference between 40x and 48x isnt that much so I guess in the end its not a huge deal if my drive doesnt like being OCed, but still I would like to get as much performance as possible. TIA for any help -jsun

Just my opinion but I would keep it at zsok. I have the same burner that you have and I burned GTA3 today, testing 48x media, Verbatim DataLife plus, super AZO and burned it at 2:56. I think that burning under 3 min. is great… Although Speed is good, sometimes not the greatest.

Later
VB9999

Which GTA3 disc?

Disc 1 is under 300MB, disc 2 is about 550MB. So 2:56 isn’t all that impressive. :slight_smile:

with the 48X firmwares it runs a quality check while writing and if it gets problems with writing it automatically slows down.

I think that is what’s happening with you.

Play disk, no 2… Altough speed isn’t what I was going for, I was testing a 48x cd-r…

Later
VB9999

Originally posted by OC-Freak
with the 48X firmwares it runs a quality check while writing and if it gets problems with writing it automatically slows down.

So this “feature” isn’t present in the 40x firmware?

To my experience: no, it will write and not care about quality with the 40X firmware.

Hmmm, that’s interesting… thanks. To the best of your knowledge, does this hold true of all versions of the 40x firmware, and all versions of the 48x firmware (not present in all 40x, and present in all 48x)?

hmmm thats interesting that at 48x the burner runs a quality check. I dont know why my 48x TY media would have problems burning at 48x…oh well 40x is fast enough :slight_smile:

To my experience: no, it will write and not care about quality with the 40X firmware.

It won’t care about quality with VS02 either :a. One single time i saw it slowing down from about 31x to 20x with Ricoh 12x media. But e.g. Taiyo Yuden 24x (TDK Reflex Ultra 24x) gets unreadable at 40x, but the writer doesn’t even think about slowing down.

You must set the speed on your own.

I’m hoping that if I wait long enough new f/w will come along that will fix my problem…and let me burn at 48x.