Help! My DVD Decrypter isn’t recognizing blank discs!

vbimport

I use Dvd Decrypter to burn movies, and it worked fine until a few days ago. Now every time I try to use it one of two things happens: one it continuously says device not ready (medium not present) or two it gets stuck on the logical unit is in the process of becoming ready message. I have quite a few different brands of DVD’s and none are working. I also have two separate DVD burners and the problem is happening on both drives. The first one is a Lite-on DVDRW SHOW-16935 and the second is an HP DVD Writer 300N.

This may be unrelated but I also tried to run a system restore to fix the problem but I get a message after the computer restarts saying that the system restore was incomplete and that no changes where made to my system.
Thanks for all the help!!!

Uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling doesn’t fix the problem?

computer restarts saying that the system restore was incomplete and that no changes where made to my system.

Sounds as if you have other problems besides DVDD.
Besides, system restore is not totally reliable or there would be no need for Acronis True Image, which is what I recommend you get for undoing damage to your software environment in the future.

Regards,

P.S. I take it that you are using Windows XP and not Windows ME.

I tried the entire uninstall, reinstall thing already. Thanks for the tip on that program. I never imagined that system restore would mess up, go figure.

in my experience, system restore is something that usually messes up.

Same thoughts here. System restore is useless.

Back up your data and perform a format and reinstall of Windows.