HELP: Multiple Pauses when viewing DVD created with DVD2one

I have a minor problem with Minority Report.

I followed the norm, decrypted with dvd decrypter, transcode the movie and audio with dvd2one, then burn to one dvd+r using primo dvd. (Didn’t do anything to ifos, used the ifos that dvd2one created)

The movie plays, however, several times during the movie there are pauses for about 1 second, its rather annoying. Closer to the end of the movie, there are more and more reoccuring pauses.
(There is not just one pause in the movie which would be indicative of a layer change, there are multiple pauses and there is no more than one layer change on the dvd I used since the disc was about 8 GB)

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

BTW, I have a Toshiba SD-3800 standalone dvd player.

I am figuring to remedy this problem it has to be something to do with the ifos in IFOedit, but I just to know what to know with the ifos. Any simply instructions would be appreciated.

Thanks

i’d 4 one wud b interested in seeing wot replies u get to this one. i too get the very same problem,but have tried all ways to rectify it. tried prassi,recordnow max,nero,dvddecryptor+img, the same effect always pops up tho (verbitim,datawrite media),funnily, it does it on direct (dvd-5) backups too,not a prob with encoding i dont think then,more media against player (sony in this case),still…more thoughts on the subject the better me thinks!

i’d 4 one wud b interested in seeing wot replies u get to this one. i too get the very same problem,but have tried all ways to rectify it. tried prassi,recordnow max,nero,dvddecryptor+img, the same effect always pops up tho (verbitim,datawrite media),funnily, it does it on direct (dvd-5) backups too,not a prob with encoding i dont think then,more media against player (sony in this case),still…more thoughts on the subject the better me thinks!

See this thread…
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63789

Any other suggestion people?
That threads speaks of “SOLUTION TO SKIPING FRAMES ON SONY PLAYERS” while my problem is different, it doesn’t skip frames. It just pauses for a second several times during the movie.

I’m watching Minority Report right now. No skips, no stops. Used DVD Decryptor, DVD2one, Record Now burned on Kypermedia 1X DVD-R with a Pioneer DVR-105, and playing on a Sony DVP-715NS.

I did however see one 1 sec stop in Sweet Home Alabama.

Might be your media.

Ensure you have no programs ie: virus checkers etc. running in the background during the burn process

Use other medias and burn with 1x or change complete to -R. It seems that your player have problems with +Rs!

thanx 4 the suggestions,but alas in vien,
i really do think its a matter of finding the rite media,
tried ifo edit,the results r the same,and the glitches r not at the same point everytime,
i use -r media,burning at 4x doesn’t create me ne more problems than those done at 1x,
verbitms and datasafe/datawrite have always been spot on 4 me in the past,
funny thing this,i tried sum cheapo bulkpaq which played perfectly apart from the xpected last 15 mins or so,but no glitches thru out the movie - don’t figure!?
i’m gonna buy me a cheapo chinese dvd player 2day and c how that handles the better discs,need 1 for the bedroom neway,
also gonna get me a pack of tdk/pioneer or sumthin just to c if theres a difference there
thanx again

that’s tru, I guess I can try ifo edit. Then try different dvd+r media. Then try dvd-r media. If none of that fixes it, then that’s weird. but but should those first I guess. but no one has any suggestions for what to exactly try in ifoedit?

have the same exact problem( i posted it in the forum yesterday). Some movies play ok, some will have several pauses, most occur during the last 30 minutes of the movie. The only things I think it could be are–a glitch in Dvd2One,bad media, or the dvd player.
I’m using Accu -R media–I don’t think it’s the media, as I have backed up several movies (with DvdXcopy)with no problems. Thats why I think it may be a glitch in Dvd2One–BUT when I rewind the movie to see if the pause is occuring at the same frame location, it’s not, so I might have to rule out Ddv2One. That leaves the dvd player. Anyway, it sounds like quite a few others are having this problem too.

Windows xp,sp1
sony 500A
Veritas Record Now
media–accu -R
DVD player: Apex 1200

I haven’t experienced this with the Apex-1200.

Gave a few of them as gifts at Xmas, and the discs I’ve done using DVD2One play fine on all 4 (5, counting mine) units.

I’ve used a variety of media, but not the Accu’s you’ve used.

4x Riteks, 2x Riteks(1x on my Cendyne dvr-105), 2x Maxell’s, 2x Memorex, 2x Imations, and 2x Apple’s (re-branded TDK) all have worked fine.

The longest movie (time wise) I’ve done is “The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly” at approx 2:50. Plays flawlessly on the 1200’s, PS-2, and a few other units that friends have.

The only problem I’ve ever had was with Full Metal Jacket; it got stuck in a loop at the 8min mark, and just looped back over and over until the end of the disk.

Re-did it, and it worked fine.

Try other media, if you can, just to be sure.

AIR.

[EDIT] Forgot to mention that I create Images using IMGTools, and then burn using either Decryptor or Alcohol 120%. Might want to try creating an image first and then burn…

Had this prob myself. went on other forums for ideas and found that the prob with mine was nero. Switched to gear dvd to burn images and everything now works ok. hope this helps

I have this problem with my toshiba sd-3800 as well, I think it has to do with the bit-rate if it falls below 1.5MBps, I noticed when viewing it it started dropping before the pause, I’ve also noticed that after burning some discs it only pauses at the layer break, others it pauses off and on, very annoying, yet in my apex it runs fine.

Toshiba sd5002 dvd burner
dvd decryptor
dvd2one
optodisc / verbatim dvd-r
nero burn 1x

on my old 5 disc lg nothing would play it would skip all the time.

on my Toshiba sd3800 it pauses every so often during the movie for like 1/4 sec

Anyone finally get a movie to play seamlessly on this ?

Should I try a different burning program ?

By reading the replies…it seems it’s rather the player…
I have a Toshiba SD-4800 and on the movie TWO WEEKS NOTICE it pauses at least 20 times… My father has the same player…and on another disc it pauses at the exact same places…It’s the only movie which I had any sort of problems… it plays fine in the computer and on my cheap Norcent player too… no pausing at these exact same places… It’s the Toshiba player the problem…

Must be something about TWO WEEKS NOTICE and certain players. I got a couple of pauses in the first 15 minutes of the movie on my Apex AD-1110W. Screw that, I switched to my Sampo DVE-631CF and it played without a hitch.

Full Disk recorded to Generic DVD-R on Sony DRU 500AX using Nero.

Benn

did several movies with dvd2one < 1.1.3 and had no problems at all using ritek media and imgtool. all played perfectly on my pioneer standalone.
however, i did one movie with dvd2one 1.1.3 (spirited away, rc1) which came to a halt almost exactly 30 minutes before the end. there’s no way any player would get over that passage without manually skipping a few seconds.
i suppose it’s a problem with the latest version of dvd2one.

As stated above I have been using the following

toshiba sd-r5002
dvd decyptor
dvd2one
optodisc dvd-r 1x media (50 dvd’s for 92.00 canadian)
NERO to burn
toshiba sd-3800 standalone player to play

Now I took the optodisc backups I made and copied the files back over to the hard drive.

Then stuck in a Verbatim Dvd-r x2 disc and burned the exact data that was on the optodisc media (the media that pauses in my Toshiba sd 3800 standalone)

I have done this with 3 discs so far and I have watched the entire movie NO SKIPS / PAUSING!

I must say the optodiscs are fine for computer use but the TOSHIBA SD-3800 doesnt like them.

now on to the task of re-burning the remaining 16 optodisc’S

DinTek.