Help! mtkwinflash broke my cd drive

Heres the problem

i lost my cd driver so i looked for one but i couldnt find the excact one so i used one that was close to it.( my cd drive is HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC 4481B and i found 4480b)

the zip file came with mtkwinflash so i used that, after the completion bar was filled it just stayed there and nothing else happened so i turned the power off.

when i turned my pc on, it just froze (at the hp screen) i tryed going in to bios but it was frozen.

i opened the pc and unplugged the cd drive ide cable from the motherboard and then restarted my pc and then it was able to load windows. i went into bios and selected “none” for the secondary primary setting on the ide.
i then plugged the cable back in to the motherboard, it can load windows now without having to unplug the cable.

the cd drive still doesnt open, its not detected by the device manager.
I dont know what to do,

Can someone please help me?

Heres the problem

i lost my cd driver so i looked for one but i couldnt find the excact one so i used one that was close to it.

Dude - No Offense - That was really Dumb. Someone may be able to help you, but unfortunately as a general rule a Bad Flash = Expensive Paperweight.

If your MB BIOS wont detect, or causes your BIOS to freeze, then I am affraid you have caused terminal damage. :frowning:

nahh…

just … download correct FW … then use MTKflash for dos … create rescue disk … boot your pc presing CD buton … flash whit Mtk …

Man, double-posting suck$$$. :frowning:

How’s he gonna flash if the computer sees nothing at the end of the IDE cable? If the wrong firmware has munged the player’s brains enough, it’ll probably only be good for spare parts.
It’s worth a try to see if the computer still recognizes it, though. If it does, there might be a chance it’s reflashable with correct firmware.

No, mtkflash for DOS is thatsmart to save even such a drive!!!

Very interesting software program, just google mtkflash the only thing I dont like is the “real DOS” requirement. It also states that it doesnt work for all readers, but is worth a try.

@chef
2k+ posts … pls dont talk …

that’s why he need to press button on drive… mtk flash will do … just download it and look into readme file …

@crankydan

1. i said boot form floopy…
  2. u said u used mtk flash befor (for windows … but it should support same device …)