Help me with DVD BUrning

I HAVE TO KEEP MY SETTINGS AT pio for my pc to recognize the DVD burner.
If I change it to DMA it won’t recognize the drive as a DVD burner. It only recognizes it as a CD music drive. Needless to say if I burn DVD’s it takes about an hour and a half. What can I do about this ?? I’m running XP,and I have 2 gig of memory. It’s a HP AMD Athlon 2400 2.0 GHZ. Any body know how to help ??

What model of DVD burner is it? Need to know that to help.

[QUOTE=jackczar;2300848]I HAVE TO KEEP MY SETTINGS AT pio for my pc to recognize the DVD burner.
If I change it to DMA it won’t recognize the drive as a DVD burner. It only recognizes it as a CD music drive. Needless to say if I burn DVD’s it takes about an hour and a half. What can I do about this ?? I’m running XP,and I have 2 gig of memory. It’s a HP AMD Athlon 2400 2.0 GHZ. Any body know how to help ??[/QUOTE]

First what kinda motherboard and computer model do you have? Also how do you have your burner connected?? And what software are you using to burn on your dvd and what type of media are you using? What version of XP are you using sp1 or sp2 or sp3??? Did you check your BIOS to make sure it was working and detecting the burner correctly?