Help Me with AD-7191S to DH20A3L

vbimport

Hi to everyone,

please help me, excuse for my bad english I am italian. I have tried to flash my Optarc 7191s with firmware Lite On DH20A3L, it has flashed with successfull but now it doesn’t read and write blank discs; I put back the original firmware but I have not solved the problem. I have not done backup the eeprom first; someone can help me please? maybe I need EEPROM original? can anyone tell me where to download it or resolve problem? thank you! :bow:

anyone help me or is this forum dead? :frowning:

please I have need eeprom of Optarc 7191S, someone help me!!!

Why are you double posting? If you had read all the instructions before trying to crossflash, your drive wouldn’t be in its current state. If you don’t have your EEPROM file, why would anyone else have it?

[QUOTE=KTL;2704664]Why are you double posting? If you had read all the instructions before trying to crossflash, your drive wouldn’t be in its current state. If you don’t have your EEPROM file, why would anyone else have it?[/QUOTE]

excuse me for double posting but I am disperate :sad: I would try recovery of my drive with the eeprom of an other AD-7191S because I not saved my eeprom before of flashing :bow:

I am already helping you in the stickied EEPROM Utility post, and have answered most of your questions, why are you bumping a duplicate thread as well? As i said in that thread, you state you did not flash/convert/upgrade your eeprom, so that should be intact, reflashing your original firmware should return the drive to working order unless you have damaged the hardware in the process, which may be possible seeing as you seemed to be experimenting without doing your research properly…

I’d start looking on eBay for a new drive.

excuse me for double post, delete this Thread please

[QUOTE=zak7;2705091]I am already helping you in the stickied EEPROM Utility post, and have answered most of your questions, why are you bumping a duplicate thread as well? As i said in that thread, you state you did not flash/convert/upgrade your eeprom, so that should be intact, reflashing your original firmware should return the drive to working order unless you have damaged the hardware in the process, which may be possible seeing as you seemed to be experimenting without doing your research properly…

I’d start looking on eBay for a new drive.[/QUOTE]

Excuse me for double post, I continue here because in the other thread I can’t. If I reflash liteon clone firmware and I use checksum I can resolve problem?

[QUOTE=zak7;2705091]I am already helping you in the stickied EEPROM Utility post, and have answered most of your questions, why are you bumping a duplicate thread as well? As i said in that thread, you state you did not flash/convert/upgrade your eeprom, so that should be intact, reflashing your original firmware should return the drive to working order unless you have damaged the hardware in the process, which may be possible seeing as you seemed to be experimenting without doing your research properly…

I have tried checksum with original firmware but it tell me “There is no problem with the EEPROM’s checksum”. I remember now that I have used “Clear Media Learn” in EEPROM, perhaps this was the cause of my problem? :o

I have seen this in eeprom utility, I have flshed with original firmware but if click su Upgrade Drive is show me (look photo please) Why current model is 20A3L and not 7191S? :

You seem to continually be fiddling with the drive without knowing what it is things do…No wonder the drive is not working. You do not need to upgrade the drive. You need to put the original firmware back on the drive, LEAVE THE EEPROM ALONE. And see if the drive will work. If it won’t, and i have said this almost half a dozen times now, you NEED TO BUY A NEW DRIVE. From everything you have said, it would appear to me as though you have broken your drive.

Do some research before you try and crossflash the next drive you buy. You don’t look as stupid asking questions as you do when you break your drive.

Edit: The media learn has nothing to do with your problems, that merely keeps track of write strategies that the drive learns as it burns discs. Clearing it will have no affect on your drives functionality, only the performance/quality of the burns.

[QUOTE=zak7;2705427]You seem to continually be fiddling with the drive without knowing what it is things do…No wonder the drive is not working. You do not need to upgrade the drive. You need to put the original firmware back on the drive, LEAVE THE EEPROM ALONE. And see if the drive will work. If it won’t, and i have said this almost half a dozen times now, you NEED TO BUY A NEW DRIVE. From everything you have said, it would appear to me as though you have broken your drive.

Do some research before you try and crossflash the next drive you buy. You don’t look as stupid asking questions as you do when you break your drive.

Edit: The media learn has nothing to do with your problems, that merely keeps track of write strategies that the drive learns as it burns discs. Clearing it will have no affect on your drives functionality, only the performance/quality of the burns.[/QUOTE]

ok thanks for your help if with smartpack not resolve I but new drive