Help me to set up a network (ps im a novice!)

vbimport

HI All
I have a problem and id like your help. I have three PCs one desktop upstairs a desktop unit downstairs with NTL cable internet and a Laptop.
Now I want to link all the PCs together so I can use the NTL connection(Internet) on them all, Now im a novice at this, but ive done lots of research and Ive come up with the below from e-buyer (www.ebuyer.com)
Ebuyer Quick codes:
Now what I intented with this kit is to make the upstairs PC wireless, the laptop wireless and the downstairs PC hard wired to the router.
The Laptop is running XP.
The upstairs PC is running Win 2000
The down stairs is running Win XP

Can you tell me please:

1. How good my selection of components is??
  2. How easy it be to do?
  3. If this is possible and is possible walk though of connecting and installing everything so it works!
  4. If my NTL cable connection will be able to cope across three PCs?

Thanks, I appreciate any help or advice (No I REALLY do!)

Sorry if this is super basic or complex

1. How good my selection of components is??
    I personally see no problems with the choice of hardware from a glance

2. How easy it be to do?
    The hardest thing i find is making all the computers find each other.(first install the network cards as desribed below) If you run through all the computers using the windows XP network connections wizard using the same information for each such as network name. Ever its connects via the network or a modem to the internet. Run the wizard on all three computers and share the internet connection on the internet connected computer.

3. If this is possible and is possible walk though of connecting and installing everything so it works!
    simple really when you know how first carefully plug in the network card into a free PCI slot and screw into place hopefully with the screw they give you or one in the computer. Boot up the pc and install the supplied drivers and vaula you have workinnetwork cards now run the answer to Question 2 to get it all workin

4. If my NTL cable connection will be able to cope across three PCs?
    Yes i will share the connection as it is used.

hope this helps
If you need any more help please feel free to PM me :slight_smile:

all it sounds like u need is a router that supports both cabled and wireless routing, and two wireless NICs that will slot into the computers that you want wireless internet access to/from. follow install instruction in manuals…done.
i recommend belkin

That router supports both i just checked ( wire and wireless)
from here