Help me set up a DVD duplicating PC

vbimport

Can someone PLEASE help me setup a computer for burning DVDS? My system so far is setup like this:

AM2 Biostar Board
AMD Opteron 1214 2x1mb cache
2gigs of G. Skill ddr800
(3) 40g Hard drives for burners
(3) Lite-On DVD/RW’s
(1) 80gig system drive- WinXP Pro
550w Antec power supply.

My question is this. Should I run PATA in master/slave for the 2 burner/HDD’s in IDE 1&2, OR…run all SATA DVD/RW and HDDs?? If I run SATA, how do I configure which burner goes to which harddrive? In the software?? I plan to either run 1 instance of discjuggler and simutaneously burn 3 copies at a time, or run 3 separate instances of DVD fab Platinum (is that possible?)

Also- will I be able to still use the computer for internet while burning 3 DVD;s at a time with 2gigs ram and an Opteron processor?? This one disc at a time is driving me nuts not to metion taking up electtricity running all day long everyday.

What’s the best way to do 3 dvd’s at a time if this setup isn’t already the best way. please help me, I need ot get this going.

[quote=asghilo;2005736]
Also- will I be able to still use the computer for internet while burning 3 DVD;s at a time with 2gigs ram and an Opteron processor?? This one disc at a time is driving me nuts not to metion taking up electtricity running all day long everyday. [/quote]

well i guess you could use the internet, though most people avoid doing over things well burning. but i’d say sata everything. I am not sure what you mean by setting the dvd’s with hdds on sata. from what i know about that is dvd’s shouldn’t be connected on the same controler as hard drives. For sure i’d have all my hard drives sata. and one dvd drive on each ide controler and one one the 2nd sata controler.

Also i don’t see this power issue. What kind of burning takes all day??? a rw drive takes about what 30watts more while writing. fractions of a cent more per day, even if you burnt 24 hours a day. 1000Watt hour costs about 0.0006$ here in quebec

the whole idea of burning three disks at the same time seems somewhat a gamble if quality is an issue.

Moved to General Hardware forum.