Help me please

vbimport

i want to install power2go 6 it says “cyberlink power2go has been detected in your system please uninstall first” when i press yes this dialog box appears “1628:failed to complete installation”

Hi and Welcome!

make sure your older version has been properly uninstalled before you install the newer version.

Michael

I am also having problems with a power2go6 installation.
During installation a message appears stating that it has detected a previous installation and it asks me if I want to uninstall, which I do, and then a further message appears - "THE INSTALLATION SOURCE FOR THIS PROCUCT IS NOT AVAILABLE. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it. C:\windows\installer\104792.exe"
This exe file is not in the windows installer folder and must have been deleted previously. How can I get around this problem and uninstall the previous version of power2go6 when no version as such exists in the control panel “uninstall a program” list?
Thanks,
Graeme

^You may have to go into the registry and remove any references to the Cyberlink program. You should be careful while doing this.

Go to Accessories, Command Prompt and type regedit to get to the registry.

You could also try a registry cleaner (not something I would normally recommend since I don’t believe they should be used on a regular basis). CCCleaner is one such tool.

Kerry I have found Revo uninstaller excellent for removing old programs including all references in the registry. Best of all its a free program.

Hi,
I ran ccleaner and I still received the same message when trying to install. Same with Revo, too, which could not locate the old power2go 6 installation. In the registry at HKey_Local_ Machine/Software I deleted a reference to power2go6 but when re-installing the new version I still get the same message - “THE INSTALLATION SOURCE FOR THIS PROCUCT IS NOT AVAILABLE. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it. C:\windows\installer\104792.exe”.
Any ideas as to why this is occurring?
Thanks,
Graeme

I don’t know if it will help, but I found this:
"This error message is often caused when the uninstallation log file becomes corrupt. This can happen if the installation is somehow corrupt.

This error can also occur if the Windows Installer Service is not properly configured on your computer or if the installation is created with a newer version of the Windows Installer Service than the one on your computer.

Solution:

Step1:

In the Windows Task Manager, end the process that is running IDriver.exe:

* Right-click the Windows Task bar, then click Task Manager.
* On the Processes tab.
* Review the running processes to see if idriver.exe is running.
* If idriver.exe is running, click it or right-click it, then click End Process.

Run the installation again to see if the error still occurs.

Once you done with this, if issue persists please move to Step 2.

Step2:

Change the restriction settings to fix the Windows 7 Error 1628 :

1.Click Start button at the left bottom of desktop, go to Control Panel, the select Local Security Setting.

2.On the panel of Local Security Setting click on Software Restriction Polices. Then in the right hand column double click on enforcement.

3.Under the topic of enforcement, Apply software restriction policies to the following user make sure you click on “to all users except local administrators”.

Once you have done all the above mentioned steps you have already fixed the error 1628. And now you should install power2go and power director. The error message of "Error 1628 " can not display on your computer any more.
In addition we require your product details so that if above steps does not works we can provide more troubleshooting steps for the same.

I have a feeling it is something to do with Windows Installer, either corruption within install files, or issues due to Windows & upgrade."

Hi,

Idriver wasn’t running so the first optiin didn’t work.

I opened up Administrative Tools in Control Panel and was taken to a list of shortcuts - Component Services, Computer Manaagement, Data Sources (ODBC) etc. No “Local Security Setting” panel. Please tell me where this is located.

Thank you.

Graeme

[QUOTE=GraemeCounsel;2516159]Hi,

Idriver wasn’t running so the first optiin didn’t work.

I opened up Administrative Tools in Control Panel and was taken to a list of shortcuts - Component Services, Computer Manaagement, Data Sources (ODBC) etc. No “Local Security Setting” panel. Please tell me where this is located.

Thank you.

Graeme[/QUOTE]
Start -> Execute -> secpol.msc -> enter.

[I]“cyberlink power2go has been detected in your system please uninstall first” when i press yes this dialog box appears “1628:failed to complete installation” [/I] Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information and delete the entire contents of the folder, That’s it. You should be good to go.

I know this is a really old post, but I just have to say thanks. I’ve tried so many things, and this solved my problem in seconds. :bigsmile:

Hope you’re not trying to install 6, as 9 is available as a freebie