Help me please!

vbimport

Ok. We have the most confusing setup in the world. We have 4 remotes to control everything. Anywhoo I have movies recorded on the DirectTv HD DVR. I would like to record those movies to a DVD for the kiddo. We have the Toshiba VCR/DVD recorder combo. My second try at burning left me with a black picture, no sound. Better than the green fuzz from the first try :slight_smile: Please help :slight_smile:

Which DVD did you use for recording, + or - ?

how do you have the recorder connected to the dvr?

select the dvr input on the recorder, set the dvr to play a recording, start recording on your dvd recorder.

[quote=troy512;2146657]how do you have the recorder connected to the dvr?

select the dvr input on the recorder, set the dvr to play a recording, start recording on your dvd recorder.[/quote]
Did you mean the DVRs output gets plugged in the DVD Recorders input then the DVD Recorders output goes to the TV :bigsmile:

We also need to know whether the DVR content is copy protected, thus preventing any attempt to record.

according to what i have read DirecTV’s DVR can be recorded. select your event you want to DVD Record. then select Save to VCR on the menu. the DVR does not know the difference if the recording device is a VCR or a DVD Recorder.

it should all be explained in the manual.