Help me please with probs: lost all files on flash drive

hi so i just bought an mp3 and i lost the reciept its a 2gig one and i put alot of songs on it and it was working then i decided to put some home work i did on microsoft word then all of a sudden it wouldnt work and it wont show up on my computer when i pug it in

help me guys please :sad:

I’ll transfer this to the flash memory forum…

Edit: Done

thanks but i still need help

Have you tried plugging your flash drive into another computer to see if it works there?

no but all the other memory sticks work fine on my pc

I suggest you try plugging the drive into other ports on your computer and plugging it into another computer. If the drive isn’t recognized at all in any computer, then there’s nothing you can do to retrieve those files yourself.

i dont mind if i lose the contents of the mp3 but i just wont it to work.

it just suddenly turned off a few days ago and wouldnt turn back on.

iv also heard that theres a software that reads whats on the usb stick even if its not working, is that true?

[QUOTE=fielong17;1943620]i dont mind if i lose the contents of the mp3 but i just wont it to work.

it just suddenly turned off a few days ago and wouldnt turn back on.

iv also heard that theres a software that reads whats on the usb stick even if its not working, is that true?[/QUOTE]

If there is, I’d like to know. But, I had the same problem and posted on several other tech forums and the verdict was: when they go, they’re gone. nothing you can do about it. Lucky they are dirt cheap these days, but the data is lost.

so what your saying is that my mp3 player is completely lost and theres no hope of of ever useing it?

[QUOTE=fielong17;1956430]so what your saying is that my mp3 player is completely lost and theres no hope of of ever useing it?[/QUOTE]

Yes, afraid so. If no computer recognizes the drive and it doesn’t play, it is probably shot. How long have you had it? Maybe you can send it back.

i would but i had it for a month and it suddenly stopped and i threw away the reciept…

and im reallly determined to to find a way to fix it >_<

so adoes anyone have any ideas?

[QUOTE=fielong17;1981006]so adoes anyone have any ideas?[/QUOTE]

You don’t seem to want to accept the inevitable. Most likely nothing can be done, like we said, so that is why you aren’t getting any responses. The only thing I can say it to call the manufacturer’s tech support. Maybe if you mail it to them they can retrieve your data for you, but I doubt it and I’ll bet it’ll cost you if they can.

[QUOTE=fielong17;1981006]so adoes anyone have any ideas?[/QUOTE]
I think it is late to reply now, but it may help other guys googling around here, Yeah i have alreeady done this, I still remember when one of my computer teachers told that they have just erased computer paper from the flash drive, and i recovered it later to find out what is beeing asked next day in paper :), well that was then, You must get getDataBack and have an excessive scan it will give you whatever you want from a formated,deleted flash drive! thanx

Nope, thats grew theroy and will maybe work in 30% of all cases.