Help Me Please - DVDFab Issue - Conversion from DVD to Desktop to Cell Phone - Windows Media

vbimport

Hi. I have a 6-hour commute by public transportation each day. To make the time go faster I purchased DVDFab last September in order to convert my DVD movies so I can watch them on my smartphone. It worked well for months, and now I can’t transfer them from my desktop to my phone. Here are the specifics, and then my problem.

I have a Verizon XV6900 cell phone, made by HTC (almost identical to the HTC Touch) which has a Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional operating system. It has Windows Media Player 10 Mobile for Pocket PC Version 10.3 Build 19212 on it for viewing video. My PC desktop (Windows XP - Home) has Windows Media Player version 11.

Since last October I have been able to successfully first transfer my DVD movies to my computer’s desktop using DVDFab (DVD to Mobile) (Note: I would use the “cellphone” and the “Windows Mobile Smartphone” settings). Once transferred I would then click on the movie, and open it using Windows Media Player. The movie would begin to play, I would stop it and would then Sync Windows Media Player with my smartphone (which was attached and sync’d via Microsoft ActiveSync) and would transfer the movie to my smartphone (adding it to my micro SD card on my phone). I have done this dozens of times until about a month ago.

Now, I am able to transfer the movie to my desktop and can open it in Windows Media Player, however, when I attempt to Sync it with my smartphone, I get an ERROR message, and it will not transfer. I do not know if the DVDFab settings are incorrect, or if it is a sync problem. I have plenty of GB left on the SD card in the phone.

I have contacted DVDFab and their only suggestion is to upgrade my Windows Media Player 10 Mobile for Pocket PC, up to the newest, #11. Unfortunately, I can not do this because Microsoft doesn’t offer an upgrade by itself. They only offer the upgrade if I upgrade my entire smartphone operating system to, I believe it’s 6.2, however, that is not offered for my particular phone.

Nonetheless, up to a month ago I was able to transfer movies successfully, so I can’t believe that I need an upgrade.

I have “reset” DVDFab, although it doesn’t seem to help. Back in October, DVDFab’s tech support told me to disable PathPlayer, in the Common settings. After that, everything worked well. Also, I have upgraded DVDFab numerous times over the months whenever they offered a new version. I started in the 6.0 versions, and am now trying to get the 7.0.9.0 to work.

I would really appreciate any help you could give me. You can post here or email me. Thank you very much.

Scott

Hi Scott

Welcome to the forum :flower:

Sorry you are having trouble :frowning:
There has been many improvements to the program however some improvements have created issues with some(not all) users/members.

May I make a suggestion, since v6 and v7 installs within their own folder re-install the last v6 that works and have both v6 and v7 on your system.

Since there has been updates to support the new copy protection in v7 use v7 to copy/rip the movies to your hard drive then use v6 to do the actual conversion, I know this is an extra step for you but it is a work-around :wink:

[B]SJ[/B]

Scott, in general we discourage users from posting email addresses here so I’ve removed this for you.

Amongst other things it protects our users from spambots that browse the Internet, harvesting email addresses.

Welcome to MyCE and I hope you find your time here useful. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2535823]Scott, in general we discourage users from posting email addresses here so I’ve removed this for you.

Amongst other things it protects our users from spambots that browse the Internet, harvesting email addresses.

Welcome to MyCE and I hope you find your time here useful. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

:eek: Now I know I have to get my eye checked, didn’t even see the email address :doh::frowning:

Thanks Wombler :flower:

It’s impossible to catch all of them all the time. ;):flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

ScottW4997’s replies to StormJumper and Wombler:

[U]StormJumper[/U]: Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Thank you very much for your suggestions to revert back to an earlier edition of DVDFab. So far I’ve tried one and it didn’t work, however I’ll keep trying. Also, DVDFab contacted me today and has given me some instructions to try. Either way, when I find out what works, I’ll be sure to post it here. Also, if I have any additional questions, I’ll also post them. It may be several days. Thank you again.

Scott

[U]Wombler[/U]: Thank you for pointing out about my email address, and for correcting it. I didn’t realize that, and won’t do it again.

Scott

[QUOTE=ScottW4997;2536119]ScottW4997’s replies to StormJumper and Wombler:

[U]StormJumper[/U]: Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Thank you very much for your suggestions to revert back to an earlier edition of DVDFab. So far I’ve tried one and it didn’t work, however I’ll keep trying. Also, DVDFab contacted me today and has given me some instructions to try. Either way, when I find out what works, I’ll be sure to post it here. Also, if I have any additional questions, I’ll also post them. It may be several days. Thank you again.

Scott

[U]Wombler[/U]: Thank you for pointing out about my email address, and for correcting it. I didn’t realize that, and won’t do it again.

Scott[/QUOTE]

No problem Scott and glad to assist.

Hopefully the DVDFab team will come back to you with a solution and it may be helpful to others to find out whatever that is.

[B]Wombler[/B]