Help me identify Maxell media code (pictures)

vbimport

A friend of mine bought a 100-pack of Maxell DVD+R’s today and gave them to me as a gift. Before I remove the plastic wrapper, can anyone tell me what media code these are? See the pictures below:

Its a good chance that these are MXL 03

I was under the impression that MXL RG03 media was DVD-R, not DVD+R, which is what I have.

Normally, I wouldn’t be so hesistant to open a spindle up and run a test, assuming I have a good idea of what I’m getting. The part that bothers me the most is when I type the UPC into a Google search, I get NOTHING back.

Apparently nobody on the internet sells or has even talked about this specific UPC before…at least nowhere that Google or Yahoo has found.

yes, you are right. Sorry, I guess I didn’t look at the picture properly

videohelp

I’ve been to Videohelp already, but I do appreciate your suggestion.

Some comments are there which may possibly be referring to the same discs (they are slightly blue in color). Yet, the spindle UPC is not listed there either.

I just don’t understand how nobody on the internet seems to have heard of this UPC before. No reviews, no stores selling them, no nothing. Call me selfish or whatever you want, I just don’t want to be the guinea pig finding out this is crap media.

Once it says Made In Japan, I doubt it will be “crap” media…

MAXELL 002

Me want, me want!!! :iagree:

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

well that would be because the upc doesn’t tell you anything other than that it is made in japan. the same upc woud be on the MIT which there might be a bit more concern about their quality. how about you go to the media forum and check out the 2 possibilities and see how they burn.

It’s most likely Maxell002, burn max @12x. I have the 15pack made in Japan, UPC 2521592057.

The ricohjpnr02 would be made in taiwan.

I would imagine they would take them back if they aren’t to your liking where they were bought. Just don’t use more than a few to test.

Excellent gift to receive. :iagree:
MAXELL 002 for sure. :slight_smile: