HELP me HDD

vbimport

HELP, unplugged my internal HDD.:clap:Now windows won’t fire up:oIt gets as far as the black screen and then says NTLDR is missing:doh:but when the HDD is plugged in it just won’t start at all:sad:SOMEBODY HHHHEEEEEELLLLLPPPPPP its my work computer

What have you tried? Try powering it down, with HDD installed reboot but load your bois and check if it is listed, if so save and exit. You should boot up again. Also try to boot order of rom, then HDD just might help power you up.

@d@rksid3 - welcome to CDF :slight_smile:

Your other thread in the Optical Storage Technical Discussions forum has been deleted, please don’t crosspost. It’s against forum rules and makes it difficult to co-ordinate replies :wink:

Is there a reason why you unplugged the HDD of your work PC? Were you getting errors and such beforehand?

This might work for you, follow it carefully:
Insert the Windows XP bootable CD into the computer.
When prompted to press any key to boot from the CD, press any key.
Once in the Windows XP setup menu press the “R” key to repair Windows.
You will then be prompted for your administrator password, enter that password. If no password was set just press enter.
Copy the below two files to the root directory of the primary hard disk. In the below example we are copying these files from the CD-ROM drive letter “E”. This letter may be different on your computer.

copy e:\i386
tldr c:
copy e:\i386
tdetect.com c:\

Once both of these files have been successfully copied, remove the CD from the computer and reboot.