Help Me flash my Liteon 40125s Drive..NO FLOPPY DRIVE!

I have a shuttle SS51G case and i dont have a floppy installed (nor am i going to install one) and have i cd rom drive which is my liteon.

I wish to flash it up to 48 speed which i have done before on another system but i am stuck on how to go about it with my current setup i know i can boot from cd rom but how can i flash the drive if i am using it to provide the data ?

I am running windows XP HE and am stuck any help would be appreciated.

If you go to How to convert a LiteOn LTR-40125S to LTR-48125W you can choose a hacked flash utility that does the overclocking conversion in Windows without need of DOS or a floppy drive.

You should have ZSxx firmware on your 40125S, so if you choose the ZSxx to VS06 conversion, you will then have a Lite-on LTR 48125W with VS06 firmware. You can then download the latest VS08 firmware from Lite-on’s site and install it in Windows. The VS08 is by far the best firmware for the LTR 48125W.

Thanks for your Very quick reply i had done a search but i seem to have missd it…again thanks for the help.:bow:

Link down it seems can you check it …Thanks

Yes, the FTP links are down.

Post your email address and I’ll send it to you as an attachment. It’s a 351 kB zip file.

judgebonytony@hotmail.com

Thanks.

You’re welcome.

Check your mail. :wink:

maybe someone could send it to me, too? :bow:
M-M-C@web.de

/edit
http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Articles/Specific.asp?ArticleHeadline=Overclocking&index=5

he, it works now, you forgot the “.com” in your link :stuck_out_tongue:

No, I didn’t forget the .com in the link. The link was copied directly from the URL address window. At the time that the link was reported to be down, the file download from the FTP site wasn’t working and I assumed that this was the broken link reported.

This type of link (with no .com) works on my browser with no problem, but I have edited the link and added the .com to my favorites list because others have problems with it.

Thanks for reminding me. :wink:

Hi,

I created a DOS self-booting .ISO.

Maybe if you boot from CD-Rom, (it assumes A:) and if you previously placed the flash files in say C:\LiteOn, you can change to that directory and execute your FLASHING program.

Email me if you require.

Cheerz :slight_smile: :bigsmile: :wink:

Originally posted by KennyC
[B]Hi,

I created a DOS self-booting .ISO.

Maybe if you boot from CD-Rom, (it assumes A:) and if you previously placed the flash files in say C:\LiteOn, you can change to that directory and execute your FLASHING program.

Email me if you require.

Cheerz :slight_smile: :bigsmile: :wink: [/B]

i did the same and have to say something: DONT BOOT FROM THE DRIVE WHICH YOU WANT TO FLASH!!!
this will destroy your drive… the old firmware is being erased and from that point the drive is unable to read the new firmware from the cd because the drive doesnt know how to read (cuz there is no firmware).
i killed my drive with this once but i was able to revive it…
well, my filesystem is ntfs so i couldnt place files on c: so all files where on that cd-rw… a workaround with a ram-drive should work