Help me find it

The kind folks here at CDF are real good at solving problems with little or almost no information.:bow: Here is my problem, maybe you can help me too. I bought two pack of kingston 8GB thumb drives. I put one on a neck string with my PNY 1GB drive.:clap: The 8GB sticks are so small I put the other one where it wouldn’t be hidden by the other junk in the drawers (if I even put it in a drawer).:rolleyes: Now I have need of it and can’t remember/find where I put it. Could you tell me where I put it.:confused:
Thanks, George.

It will be in the last place you look :cool:

Hi,

no idea, where your device is (check all your trouser’s pockets first) but in case you find it you may consider purchasing an electronic key finder :slight_smile:

Michael

You left it in the refrigerator when you were getting a beer and snacks. It’s right next to the bottle of ketchup. :iagree:

I suspect it got eaten, along with a sock or two in your dryer. Those never show up again.

Edit: By the way, this thread really belongs in the Living Room, so I’m moving you there.

• Obtain a sieve that lets through items the size of your usb drive
  • Throw everthing in the house through the sieve
  • Wait for usb stick to fall out
  • Clean up

It is over yonder

If it helps it is here in the computer room some where. Thanks for moving this post, Kerry.
Oh, I’m running XP pro on 2 computers, vista basic 32 on 1 and Vista Home Premium 64 on the newest one, if this helps.

George

Possible solutions:

The hard way…

1. Make room for all your stuff somewhere else.
  2. Move everything from your computer room to somewhere else one piece at a time.
  3. When you have moved everything and didn’t find your thumb drive, go look for it in the refrigerator like I already told you.

The expensive way:

1. Offer a reward to the nearest teenager who will find your lost thumb drive; the reward must be bigger than the combined sum of the purchase price and the value of your data.
  2. Pay the teenager the promised reward after (s)he finds your thumb drive in the refrigerator.

The humiliating way…

1. Tell everyone you know that you are absolutely sure that the thumb drive is not where we have told you it is, and promise to run around the neighborhood in a tutu singing Hannah Montana songs if you are proven wrong.
  2. You are instantly proven wrong by someone finding your thumb drive in the refrigerator, and you’ll have to humiliate yourself by running around your neighborhood in a tutu singing Hannah Montana songs with everyone watching.

The easy way…

1. Go and bring us some beers from your fridge.
  2. You’ll find your thumb drive next to the bottle of ketchup.

:cool:

It’s in one of your (police) car(s) :smiley:

The trouble is when I get to the fridge I see the beer and get one because I forgot what I went there for.

As I said it is over yonder anyone in the south will tell you that is were everything is. They will also tell you they are fixing to go get it.

It probably IS in the refrigerator, I remember one time losing something, and then finding it in the freezer!

Okay close eyes, walk 4 steps forward 3 steps to either side 1 step back spin
around in circle 6 times hop up and down 3 times then open eyes walk straight
ahead and it will be there. If it is not there then look in the refrigerator under
the last can of beer and maybe it will be there if it is not there then drink all
the beer in the refrigerator and you will just not worry at all about it then. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=G_Ivan Awfulitch;2454802]Oh, I’m running XP pro on 2 computers, vista basic 32 on 1 and Vista Home Premium 64 on the newest one, if this helps.[/QUOTE] Of course this helps!

Everybody knows the knowledge on which operating systems you use on your computers is vital information to find usb sticks that are somewhere in a drawer.

You should have told us earlier. That would save a lot of time.

You did partition your disks correctly didn’t you? Otherwise we will never find your usb sticks!

[QUOTE=G_Ivan Awfulitch;2454802]
Oh, I’m running XP pro on 2 computers, vista basic 32 on 1 and Vista Home Premium 64 on the newest one, if this helps.[/QUOTE]Oh, you’re looking for a software solution?
Then search microsoft.com for “Microsoft USB Flash Drive Manager”. Install, seat back, get a beer and see what happens :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=mciahel;2455574]Oh, you’re looking for a software solution?
Then search microsoft.com for “Microsoft USB Flash Drive Manager”. Install, seat back, get a beer and see what happens :bigsmile:[/QUOTE] Microsoft USB Flash Drive Manager won’t find your Flash Drives, it will merely “manage” them… as well as a Pointy Haired Boss does.

Your Flash Drives will then be busy doing time reporting, making budget input to be ignored, and other menial tasks.

…except of course for that lucky flash drive hiding in the refrigerator!

Have you checked the washing machine yet… That’s usually where I find mine when I lose them. :o

Does your drive has a firewall installed on it?
If so, is the firewall in stealth mode?
If so, it could be right next to you, but you wouldn’t see it.
Careful where you step!

No it doesn’t, it is a virgin,never been plugged into anything. It’s not in the fridge. It is here in the computer room some where.
Thanks for all the help guys.

George