The hard way...
1. Make room for all your stuff somewhere else.
2. Move everything from your computer room to somewhere else one piece at a time.
3. When you have moved everything and didn't find your thumb drive, go look for it in the refrigerator like I already told you.
The expensive way:
1. Offer a reward to the nearest teenager who will find your lost thumb drive; the reward must be bigger than the combined sum of the purchase price and the value of your data.
2. Pay the teenager the promised reward after (s)he finds your thumb drive in the refrigerator.
The humiliating way...
1. Tell everyone you know that you are absolutely sure that the thumb drive is not where we have told you it is, and promise to run around the neighborhood in a tutu singing Hannah Montana songs if you are proven wrong.
2. You are instantly proven wrong by someone finding your thumb drive in the refrigerator, and you'll have to humiliate yourself by running around your neighborhood in a tutu singing Hannah Montana songs with everyone watching.
The easy way...
1. Go and bring us some beers from your fridge.
2. You'll find your thumb drive next to the bottle of ketchup.