Help me choose a processor for my laptop guys!

Hi guys,
I was hesitating what kind of processor to choose for the laptop I am going to buy.
I was hesitating between these 2:

1. AMD Turion 2,2 GHz
  2. Intel Core Duo 1,83 GHz

Which one do you recommend?
Which one is better, faster, more reliable?
Which one is better for games, video editing?

Thanks mates,
Pavle

Currently for most things the Intel Core Duo beats just about all. Games, encoding, the lot.

There are many big reviews all over the web at the moment. All the ones I have read basically say “AMD killer”.

As for more reliable, no-one knows yet since they have only just come out.

I don’t follow Laptop stuff quite like I follow Desktop but there seems to be both single and duel core chips avalible so I guess you are talking about the Intel® Coreâ„¢ Duo processor T2400 = 1.83Ghz. It looks like there is also a version 2 coming just around the corner too.

Intel without a doubt
//Danne

Or Merom. :iagree:

Both Intel and AMD are trying to make their low-end notebook processors more competitive by lowering prices to OEM parties. Intel’s rumored to ship some Yonah processors at like US$70 per unit. That will make even a Yonah-based notebook nearly as cheap as any Sempron-based notebook.

[QUOTE=forumid123;2488819]Nothing can beat Intel Core Duo 1,83 GHz

I strongly recommend you to use this. No Compromises in technical Experiences…

[/QUOTE]

Did you happen to notice the post date is like over 4 years old. Maybe next time before jumping the gun check the posted date… Also your basing your recommendation on opinion without revelant date to backup the claims.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2488824]Did you happen to notice the post date is like over 4 years old. Maybe next time before jumping the gun check the posted date… Also your basing your recommendation on opinion without revelant date to backup the claims.[/QUOTE]Well, spammers don’t mind :bigsmile: